← Muscular System Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What type of muscle is voluntary?
- What is troponin?
- What structure attaches a bone to a muscle?
- What is the M-line?
- What is the neuromuscular junction?
- a a regulatory protein that moves tropomyosin aside & exposes myosin binding sites when Ca+ is released during muscle contraction
- b skeletal
- c supporting proteins that hold the thick filaments together in the H zone
- d point of contact between a motor neuron and a skeletal muscle cell
- e tendon
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- skeletal and cardiac
- in glycosomes
5 True/False Questions
What is the light area of the sarcomere? → sarcoplasm
What is another name for a muscle cell? → the end of a muscle attached to a movable part
What is the ability of muscle cells to shorten and generate a pulling force? → skeletal and cardiac
The thicker filaments are the ________filaments. → myosin
What is the energy needed for muscle contraction? → stored ATP