5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Strategy to balance equations
- what is the mole ratio of H₂ to H₂O?
- 3 Mn₂ O₅
- (NH₄)₂SO₄ + Pb(NO₃)₂ → NH₄NO₃ + PbSO₄
- a Manganese (V) Oxide
Mn: 6, O: 15
- b balance the elements starting with those who appear the least and finishing with the most abundant.
- c (NH₄)₂SO₄ + Pb(NO₃)₂ → 2 NH₄NO₃ + PbSO₄
- d Ammonium Sulfate
N: 2, H: 8, S: 1, O:4
- e 2:2 or 1:1
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- pure liquid
- it is the number written before a formula in a reaction equation.
- (NH₄)₃PO₄ + 3 AgNO₃ → 3 NH₄NO₃ + Ag₃PO₄
- When the reaction takes place, the reactant transforms into the product. the product and the reactant are different substances, which have different composition, structure and properties.
5 True/False Questions
H₂O(l) → oxygen gas
5 Fe₂(C₂O₄)₃ → Fe:10, C:30, O:60
How many atoms are in Mg(OH)₂ → Mg: 1 atom (1 magnesium atom)
O: 2 atoms (2 oxygen atoms)
H: 2 atoms (2 hydrogen atoms)
Conservation of Mass in Chemical Reactions → The state of matter for each reactant and product is often presented in a reaction equation.
NaCl (aq) → aqueous sodium chloride, which is sodium chloride dissolved in water which is salt water.