5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cultural divergence
- Folk Culture
- a The restriction of a culture from outside cultural influences. Ex. When two groups of people become isolated their culture will slowly change.
- b A religion based on the teachings of the prophet Mohammed which stresses belief in one god (Allah), Paradise and Hell, and a body of law written in the Quran. Followers are called Muslims.
- c culturally-defined standards that guide the way people assess desirability, goodness, and beauty...also serve as guidelines for moral living.
- d Religion with its roots in the teachings of Abraham (from Ur), who is credited with uniting his people to worship only one god, and the god agrees to protect his chosen people, the Jews.
- e Cultures in daily life such as dress, and manners that are handed down generations to generations first hand.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Belief that objects, such as plants and stones, or natural events, like thunderstorms and earthquakes, have a discrete spirit and conscious life. Ex. A tree has a soul.
- A system of beliefs and practices that attempts to order life in terms of culturally perceived ultimate priorities, the belief an workship of superhuman powers or god. Ex. The greeks, Christianity, Romans etc.
- A mixture of different cultures within the same region or country. Ex. America
- values of a particular society at a particular time and place. The art and manifestation of all other human achievements. Ex. celebration of holidays, our morals/ values
- 1) based on teachings of prophet muhammad with Muslim as followers.2) Worship the god Alla w/ holy book the Qu'ran.3)Major groups are Sunni and Shiite/Shi'ah.5) Follow the 5 pillars. The above are (...blank..) Characteristics
5 True/False questions
Animnistic → Belief that objects, such as plants and stones, or natural events, like thunderstorms and earthquakes, have a discrete spirit and conscious life. Ex. A tree has a soul.
Acculturation → The social process of absorbing one cultural group into harmony with another. People convert from their culture.
Nonmaterial Culture → Culture traits that are well known and widely accepted. Modern music, Movies, TV.
Sikhism → A religion and philosophy developed in ancient India(Aryans), characterized by a belief in reincarnation and a supreme being who takes many forms. Ex. Cows are believed to be supreme.
Cultural convergence → The restriction of a culture from outside cultural influences. Ex. When two groups of people become isolated their culture will slowly change.