5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Loss of local culture
- Folk Culture
- a The loss of a culture due to widespread globalization and increased convergence of cultures. Ex. Languages becoming extinct.
- b Cultures in daily life such as dress, and manners that are handed down generations to generations first hand.
- c 1) Belief that all objects have a spirit 2) a.k.a. Shamanism 3) Common among native american hunter/gathers. The above are all (...blank....) Characteristics
- d Belief in one god
- e The modification of the social patterns, traits, or structures of one group or society by contact with those of another; the resultant blend. Ex. Countries integrating cultures or languages from another. Cultures add to culture.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A religion based on the teachings of the prophet Mohammed which stresses belief in one god (Allah), Paradise and Hell, and a body of law written in the Quran. Followers are called Muslims.
- Introduction of something new, a change; the act of introducing a new method, idea, device, etc.
- Abstract concepts of values, beliefs, and behaviors.
- The restriction of a culture from outside cultural influences. Ex. When two groups of people become isolated their culture will slowly change.
- 1)5th largest religion. 2) Holy book is Guru Granith Sahib. 3) Follow 5K's and is monotheistic.4) Do not believe in caste system, fasting, susperstitions, and rituals. The following are(....blank...) Characteristics.
5 True/False Questions
Values → specific statements that people hold to be true. Almost always based on values.
Cultural Hearth → An area where one culture developed and originated. Ex. Jerusalem
customs → 1)The department that collect duties levied by a government on imported goods.2) A place where incoming travelers and goods are checked.3) A habitual practice.
islamic → A religion based on the teachings of the prophet Mohammed which stresses belief in one god (Allah), Paradise and Hell, and a body of law written in the Quran. Followers are called Muslims.
Buddhism → The teaching of Buddha(siddharta guatamma)that life is permeated with suffering caused by desire, that suffering ceases when desire ceases, and that enlightenment obtained through right conduct and wisdom and meditation releases one from desire and suffering and rebirth. Ex. Chinese people