5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Nonmaterial Culture
- Multicultural societies
- a A religion based on the teachings of the prophet Mohammed which stresses belief in one god (Allah), Paradise and Hell, and a body of law written in the Quran. Followers are called Muslims.
- b Abstract concepts of values, beliefs, and behaviors.
- c A system of beliefs and practices that attempts to order life in terms of culturally perceived ultimate priorities, the belief an workship of superhuman powers or god. Ex. The greeks, Christianity, Romans etc.
- d Of or relating to a group with a common nationality, tribal, linguistic, or cultural backgrounds. Ex.Spanish people
- e A mixture of different cultures within the same region or country. Ex. America
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The teaching of Buddha(siddharta guatamma)that life is permeated with suffering caused by desire, that suffering ceases when desire ceases, and that enlightenment obtained through right conduct and wisdom and meditation releases one from desire and suffering and rebirth. Ex. Chinese people
- A monotheistic religion founded in northern India in the 16th century by the guru Nanak. It believes in a cycle of reincarnation from which humans can free themselves by living righteous lives as active members of society.
- Belief in one god
- The loss of a culture due to widespread globalization and increased convergence of cultures. Ex. Languages becoming extinct.
- 1) based on teachings of prophet muhammad with Muslim as followers.2) Worship the god Alla w/ holy book the Qu'ran.3)Major groups are Sunni and Shiite/Shi'ah.5) Follow the 5 pillars. The above are (...blank..) Characteristics
5 True/False Questions
Animnistic → 1) Belief that all objects have a spirit 2) a.k.a. Shamanism 3) Common among native american hunter/gathers. The above are all (...blank....) Characteristics
Shikistic → 1)5th largest religion. 2) Holy book is Guru Granith Sahib. 3) Follow 5K's and is monotheistic.4) Do not believe in caste system, fasting, susperstitions, and rituals. The following are(....blank...) Characteristics.
Values → specific statements that people hold to be true. Almost always based on values.
Diffusion → A religion and philosophy developed in ancient India(Aryans), characterized by a belief in reincarnation and a supreme being who takes many forms. Ex. Cows are believed to be supreme.
Animism → 1) Belief that all objects have a spirit 2) a.k.a. Shamanism 3) Common among native american hunter/gathers. The above are all (...blank....) Characteristics