5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A monotheistic religion founded in northern India in the 16th century by the guru Nanak. It believes in a cycle of reincarnation from which humans can free themselves by living righteous lives as active members of society.
- b Introduction of something new, a change; the act of introducing a new method, idea, device, etc.
- c Belief in one god
- d A method of communication either spoken or written.
- e A system of beliefs and practices that attempts to order life in terms of culturally perceived ultimate priorities, the belief an workship of superhuman powers or god. Ex. The greeks, Christianity, Romans etc.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The teaching of Buddha(siddharta guatamma)that life is permeated with suffering caused by desire, that suffering ceases when desire ceases, and that enlightenment obtained through right conduct and wisdom and meditation releases one from desire and suffering and rebirth. Ex. Chinese people
- The process of spread of a feature or trend from one place to another over time. Ex. How playing wii's spread from America to other countries.
- 1) based on teachings of prophet muhammad with Muslim as followers.2) Worship the god Alla w/ holy book the Qu'ran.3)Major groups are Sunni and Shiite/Shi'ah.5) Follow the 5 pillars. The above are (...blank..) Characteristics
- A mixture of different cultures within the same region or country. Ex. America
- A monotheistic system of beliefs and practices based on the Old Testament and the teachings of Jesus as embodied in the New Testament and emphasizing the role of Jesus as savior. Ex. Catholics
5 True/False questions
Shikistic → 1)5th largest religion. 2) Holy book is Guru Granith Sahib. 3) Follow 5K's and is monotheistic.4) Do not believe in caste system, fasting, susperstitions, and rituals. The following are(....blank...) Characteristics.
Nonmaterial Culture → Abstract concepts of values, beliefs, and behaviors.
Popular Culture → Culture traits that are well known and widely accepted. Modern music, Movies, TV.
Dialect → A way of speaking, or a language that is distinguished to a certain group of people in a region. Ex. Spain spanish and Mexican spanish
Loss of local culture → Culture traits that are well known and widely accepted. Modern music, Movies, TV.