5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cultural Hearth
- Nonmaterial Culture
- Folk Culture
- a 1)The department that collect duties levied by a government on imported goods.2) A place where incoming travelers and goods are checked.3) A habitual practice.
- b The modification of the social patterns, traits, or structures of one group or society by contact with those of another; the resultant blend. Ex. Countries integrating cultures or languages from another. Cultures add to culture.
- c An area where one culture developed and originated. Ex. Jerusalem
- d Cultures in daily life such as dress, and manners that are handed down generations to generations first hand.
- e Abstract concepts of values, beliefs, and behaviors.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A monotheistic religion founded in northern India in the 16th century by the guru Nanak. It believes in a cycle of reincarnation from which humans can free themselves by living righteous lives as active members of society.
- Belief that objects, such as plants and stones, or natural events, like thunderstorms and earthquakes, have a discrete spirit and conscious life. Ex. A tree has a soul.
- A method of communication either spoken or written.
- A religion and philosophy developed in ancient India(Aryans), characterized by a belief in reincarnation and a supreme being who takes many forms. Ex. Cows are believed to be supreme.
- Religion with its roots in the teachings of Abraham (from Ur), who is credited with uniting his people to worship only one god, and the god agrees to protect his chosen people, the Jews.
5 True/False questions
Multicultural societies → An area where one culture developed and originated. Ex. Jerusalem
Assimilation → The social process of absorbing one cultural group into harmony with another. People convert from their culture.
Christian → A monotheistic system of beliefs and practices based on the Old Testament and the teachings of Jesus as embodied in the New Testament and emphasizing the role of Jesus as savior. Ex. Catholics
islamic → 1) based on teachings of prophet muhammad with Muslim as followers.2) Worship the god Alla w/ holy book the Qu'ran.3)Major groups are Sunni and Shiite/Shi'ah.5) Follow the 5 pillars. The above are (...blank..) Characteristics
Cultural divergence → The restriction of a culture from outside cultural influences. Ex. When two groups of people become isolated their culture will slowly change.