5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Embargo Act
- March to the Sea - also, what major city was affected the most?
- Jefferson Day Dinner
- Oregon Fever
- a April, 1830 / Andrew Jackson said, "Our federal union, it must be preserved!" -- Calhoun said, "The Union, next to our liberty, most dear."
- b the desire to go west and start a new life
- c William Tecumseh Sherman with, 100,00 soldiers, marched from Chattanooga, Tennessee to Savannah, Georgia, destroying everything in their path/ burned Atlanta on the way to Savannah
- d Under Thomas Jefferson / banned trade to and from all foreign countries
- e The leader of the Cherokee Indians / wrote the Cherokee alphabet
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Wrote the "Star-Spangled Banner"
- Someone who wants social change slowly/ middle of the road on political issues
- 1. Get Texas 2. Get Oregon 3. Get California 4. Smash the National Bank 5. Lower tariffs/ elected president in 1844 and said he would only serve one term and he accomplished all of his goals
- Jeb Stuart, Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson
- Famous for his March to the Sea and for waging total war against civilians/ Union commander
5 True/False Questions
Eli Whitney → The bloodiest day of the war/ draw, although the North claimed a victory
Results of the Civil War → 1. Andrew Jackson becomes a war hero which leads to his presidency 2. Nationalism increase 3. Federalist Party dies out
Where is the Alamo → San Antonia, Texas
Monroe Doctrine → Warned the rest of the world that the Americas were closed to colonization 1. Russia was not to come down and colonize the western coast of the U.S. 2. the U.S. would leave European countries alone 3. Europe was to leave the Americas alone
Sam Houston → Only president of Texas when it was a republic and one of the first senators from Texas