← Leadership exam Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- task roles
- expressing group feelings
- a maintenance role in which they are frienndly and accepting of others regulary by giving others recognition for contributions and pointing out accomplishments.
- b actions of individuals that help move the project, decision, or task along. roles are: initiating, information/opinion seeeking, clarifying, summarizing, and census testing.
- c maintenance role in which they sense feelings, sharing one's feelings with group when they are having trouble making a decision due to conflict. they do this by verbalizing the feelings of the group and your own.
- d task role in which they propose a task or define a group problem at the beginning or when the group needs direction. they do this by defining the task and suggesting a method.
- e hindering role in which they put down others' ideas and deflate them. the solution is to set and enforce a rule that all ideas will be accepted.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- set of two or more people who interact on the basis of shred expectations and have some common ID
- leader that has a quality to mobilize and sustain activity through actions and characteristics. "personal magic" they envision by setting high goals; energize by expressing confidence and excitment from progress; and enable by supporting and emphathizing. the leader provides a focal point, serves as a role model, creates a standard and a bond with the group. problems: unchallenged obiedence, slightly narcissist, lack of accountability.
- people are commited to action and less competitive when they are involved and working together. goals: to involve the followers, to model good behavior, and to build a team that works together.
- a group that a person belongs to and identifies with
- affected by the situation, capability of the leader and followers. the leader ajusts to the situation and uses adaptability. they need to be dynamic to deal with situations.
5 True/False Questions
transitory group → a group in which people do not rely on each other because their time together is short.
primary group → people who interact over a long period of time. it is direct, personal, intimate.
citizen leadership → a person who is an upstanding member of society and becomes a leader because of the support of his/her community
reference group → any group with whom individuals identify with and whose attiudes and values they often adopt.
interdependent group → group in which people rely on each other to help