discovered atoms. All matter are composed of atoms. Alchemists, 430 B.C.
Father of modern chemistry. Atomic theory( 4 parts)
1. All matter is made up of atoms- atoms are indivisible
2. Atoms of elements are identical
3. Atoms come in a set amount
4. In a chemical reaction, atoms can be seperated, joined, or rearranged.
Wrong parts of Dalton's Theory
1. atoms have subatomic particles
2. different because of isotopes
experimented with the cathode ray. first to determine negative charges
discovered positive charges in the atom (Proton)
discovered the electron, and developed the plum pudding model
gold foil experiment and created an atomic model
atomic model, explained rutherford model
measured charge of the electron
Sir Isaac Newton
three laws of motion.