5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Prospective medical directions
- Scope of practice
- Medical director
- Continuing education
- a Physician participation in the development of EMS protocols, procedures, and participation in the education and testing of EMS professionals; a type of offline medical directions.
- b A group of similar jobs or fields of interest that involve a responsibility to serve the public and require mastery of specific knowledge and specialized skills.
- c A predefined set of skills, interventions, or other activities that the paramedic is legally authorized to perform when necessary; usually set by state law or regulation and local medical directions.
- d A physician responsible for the oversight of the EMS system and the actions of the paramedics; also known as physician advisor.
- e Life long learning.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The ability to work with others to achieve a common goal.
- A business associated with the provision of medical care to individuals.
- The ability for an EMS professional to use his/her certification or license to be able to practice in a different state.
- A local process by which an individual is permitted by a specific entity (medical director) to practice in a specific setting (EMS agency).
- Physician review of prehospital care reports and participation in the quality improvement process; a type of offline medical direction.
5 True/False questions
Refresher education → The process of refreshing information and skills previously learned.
Emergency medical responder (EMR) → An EMS professional who provides basic and limited advanced skills to patients who access the EMS system.
Protocols → A set of treatment guidelines written for the paramedic to follow.
Licensure → National Standard Curriculum
Communication → The exchange of thoughts, messages and information.