5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Online medical direction
- EMS system
- a Direct voice communication by a medical director to a prehospital professional while he/she is attending to the patient.
- b Showing a person care and commission with an appreciation for his/her situation without feeling the same emotions.
- c Tact and skill in dealing with people
- d Permission granted to an individual by a governmental authority, such as a state, to perform certain restricted activities.
- e A network of resources that provides emergency care and transportation to victims of sudden illness or injury.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The exchange of thoughts, messages and information.
- An external verification of the competencies that an individual has achieved and typically involves an examination process; in healthcare these process are typically designed to verify that an individual has achieved minimum competency to ensure safe and effective patient care.
- A group of similar jobs or fields of interest that involve a responsibility to serve the public and require mastery of specific knowledge and specialized skills.
- An EMS professional who provides basic and limited advanced skills to patients who access the EMS system.
- Programs designed to achieve a desired level of care.
5 True/False Questions
Attributes → Expectations established by the community at large reflecting their views of the conduct of a profession.
Medical director → A physician responsible for the oversight of the EMS system and the actions of the paramedics; also known as physician advisor.
Continuing education → Life long learning.
Registration → The process of entering an individual's name and essential information into a record as a means of verifying initial certification and monitoring recertification.
Scope of practice → The process of entering an individual's name and essential information into a record as a means of verifying initial certification and monitoring recertification.