5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Online medical direction
- Continuing education
- Offline medical direction
- a The exchange of thoughts, messages and information.
- b The ability to work with others to achieve a common goal.
- c Direct voice communication by a medical director to a prehospital professional while he/she is attending to the patient.
- d Life long learning.
- e Prospective and retrospective medical direction.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A physician responsible for the oversight of EMS system and the actions of the paramedics.
- A business associated with the provision of medical care to individuals.
- Expectations established by the community at large reflecting their views of the conduct of a profession.
- Permission granted to an individual by a governmental authority, such as a state, to perform certain restricted activities.
- A predefined set of skills, interventions, or other activities that the paramedic is legally authorized to perform when necessary; usually set by state law or regulation and local medical directions.
5 True/False questions
continuous quality improvement (CQI) → Programs designed to improve the level of care; commonly driven by quality assurance.
Certification → The exchange of thoughts, messages and information.
Professionalism → Following the standards of conduct and performance for a profession.
Registration → An external verification of the competencies that an individual has achieved and typically involves an examination process; in healthcare these process are typically designed to verify that an individual has achieved minimum competency to ensure safe and effective patient care.
NHTSA → National Standard Curriculum