5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Scope of practice
- a The process of entering an individual's name and essential information into a record as a means of verifying initial certification and monitoring recertification.
- b An external verification of the competencies that an individual has achieved and typically involves an examination process; in healthcare these process are typically designed to verify that an individual has achieved minimum competency to ensure safe and effective patient care.
- c A predefined set of skills, interventions, or other activities that the paramedic is legally authorized to perform when necessary; usually set by state law or regulation and local medical directions.
- d A business associated with the provision of medical care to individuals.
- e National Standard Curriculum
5 Multiple choice questions
- Physician review of prehospital care reports and participation in the quality improvement process; a type of offline medical direction.
- An EMS professional who provides basic and limited advanced skills to patients who access the EMS system.
- Programs designed to achieve a desired level of care.
- Direct voice communication by a medical director to a prehospital professional while he/she is attending to the patient.
- National Highway Safety Administration
5 True/False questions
continuous quality improvement (CQI) → Programs designed to improve the level of care; commonly driven by quality assurance.
Profession → A group of similar jobs or fields of interest that involve a responsibility to serve the public and require mastery of specific knowledge and specialized skills.
Professionalism → Following the standards of conduct and performance for a profession.
Prospective medical directions → Physician review of prehospital care reports and participation in the quality improvement process; a type of offline medical direction.
Medical director → A physician responsible for the oversight of the EMS system and the actions of the paramedics; also known as physician advisor.