5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- EMS system
- Prospective medical directions
- continuous quality improvement (CQI)
- Advanced emergency medical technician (AEMT)
- a Programs designed to improve the level of care; commonly driven by quality assurance.
- b Physician participation in the development of EMS protocols, procedures, and participation in the education and testing of EMS professionals; a type of offline medical directions.
- c An EMS professional who provides basic and limited advanced skills to patients who access the EMS system.
- d The process of entering an individual's name and essential information into a record as a means of verifying initial certification and monitoring recertification.
- e A network of resources that provides emergency care and transportation to victims of sudden illness or injury.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Life long learning.
- National Standard Curriculum
- A physician responsible for the oversight of EMS system and the actions of the paramedics.
- Written instructions that authorize EMS personnel to perform certain medical interventions before establishing direct communication with a physician.
- Following the standards of conduct and performance for a profession.
5 True/False questions
Diplomacy → Tact and skill in dealing with people
Offline medical direction → Direct voice communication by a medical director to a prehospital professional while he/she is attending to the patient.
Ethics → Expectations established by the community at large reflecting their views of the conduct of a profession.
Attributes → Expectations established by the community at large reflecting their views of the conduct of a profession.
Quality assurance (QA) → Programs designed to achieve a desired level of care.