5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Physician advisor
- Offline medical direction
- Standing orders
- Retrospective medical direction
- a Prospective and retrospective medical direction.
- b Physician review of prehospital care reports and participation in the quality improvement process; a type of offline medical direction.
- c Showing a person care and commission with an appreciation for his/her situation without feeling the same emotions.
- d Written instructions that authorize EMS personnel to perform certain medical interventions before establishing direct communication with a physician.
- e A physician responsible for the oversight of EMS system and the actions of the paramedics.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Qualities or characteristics of a person.
- An external verification of the competencies that an individual has achieved and typically involves an examination process; in healthcare these process are typically designed to verify that an individual has achieved minimum competency to ensure safe and effective patient care.
- The exchange of thoughts, messages and information.
- Programs designed to improve the level of care; commonly driven by quality assurance.
- Permission granted to an individual by a governmental authority, such as a state, to perform certain restricted activities.
5 True/False Questions
Diplomacy → Tact and skill in dealing with people
Prospective medical directions → Physician participation in the development of EMS protocols, procedures, and participation in the education and testing of EMS professionals; a type of offline medical directions.
Credentialing → The process of entering an individual's name and essential information into a record as a means of verifying initial certification and monitoring recertification.
Professional → A group of similar jobs or fields of interest that involve a responsibility to serve the public and require mastery of specific knowledge and specialized skills.
Teamwork → Expectations established by the community at large reflecting their views of the conduct of a profession.