5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT)
- Continuing education
- a Life long learning.
- b Showing a person care and commission with an appreciation for his/her situation without feeling the same emotions.
- c A national organization developed to ensure that graduates of EMS training programs have met minimal standards by measuring competency through a uniform testing process.
- d A local process by which an individual is permitted by a specific entity (medical director) to practice in a specific setting (EMS agency).
- e A person who has special knowledge and skills and conforms to high standard of conduct and performance.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The exchange of thoughts, messages and information.
- Programs designed to improve the level of care; commonly driven by quality assurance.
- The process of entering an individual's name and essential information into a record as a means of verifying initial certification and monitoring recertification.
- An external verification of the competencies that an individual has achieved and typically involves an examination process; in healthcare these process are typically designed to verify that an individual has achieved minimum competency to ensure safe and effective patient care.
- A business associated with the provision of medical care to individuals.
5 True/False Questions
NHTSA → National Highway Safety Administration
Online medical direction → Prospective and retrospective medical direction.
Advanced emergency medical technician (AEMT) → An EMS professional who provides basic and limited advanced skills to patients who access the EMS system.
Standing orders → Written instructions that authorize EMS personnel to perform certain medical interventions before establishing direct communication with a physician.
Professionalism → Following the standards of conduct and performance for a profession.