5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Quality assurance (QA)
- EMS system
- a National Highway Safety Administration
- b A network of resources that provides emergency care and transportation to victims of sudden illness or injury.
- c Programs designed to achieve a desired level of care.
- d The exchange of thoughts, messages and information.
- e Expectations established by the community at large reflecting their views of the conduct of a profession.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Life long learning.
- A national organization developed to ensure that graduates of EMS training programs have met minimal standards by measuring competency through a uniform testing process.
- The process of refreshing information and skills previously learned.
- A local process by which an individual is permitted by a specific entity (medical director) to practice in a specific setting (EMS agency).
- Physician participation in the development of EMS protocols, procedures, and participation in the education and testing of EMS professionals; a type of offline medical directions.
5 True/False Questions
Licensure → National Standard Curriculum
Reciprocity → The ability for an EMS professional to use his/her certification or license to be able to practice in a different state.
Online medical direction → Prospective and retrospective medical direction.
Emergency medical responder (EMR) → An EMS professional who provides initial basic life support care to patients who access the EMS system; formerly called first responder.
Retrospective medical direction → Physician review of prehospital care reports and participation in the quality improvement process; a type of offline medical direction.