5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Continuing education
- a Following the standards of conduct and performance for a profession.
- b Life long learning.
- c Permission granted to an individual by a governmental authority, such as a state, to perform certain restricted activities.
- d A person who has special knowledge and skills and conforms to high standard of conduct and performance.
- e National Highway Safety Administration
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A set of treatment guidelines written for the paramedic to follow.
- An external verification of the competencies that an individual has achieved and typically involves an examination process; in healthcare these process are typically designed to verify that an individual has achieved minimum competency to ensure safe and effective patient care.
- Direct voice communication by a medical director to a prehospital professional while he/she is attending to the patient.
- Tact and skill in dealing with people
- A local process by which an individual is permitted by a specific entity (medical director) to practice in a specific setting (EMS agency).
5 True/False Questions
NSC → National Standard Curriculum
Ethics → Expectations established by the community at large reflecting their views of the conduct of a profession.
continuous quality improvement (CQI) → Programs designed to achieve a desired level of care.
Attributes → Expectations established by the community at large reflecting their views of the conduct of a profession.
Scope of practice → A predefined set of skills, interventions, or other activities that the paramedic is legally authorized to perform when necessary; usually set by state law or regulation and local medical directions.