5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Magna Carta
- Lord - Vassal system
- a They were persecuted - blamed - after the Crusades and the Black Death.
- b Guaranteed protection under the law and a trial by jury.
- c Based on the granting of land in exchange for military service.
- d Head of the Roman Catholic Church
- e They brought peace and stability to Europe, allowing towns to grow.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Because of its wealth, the Church was more powerful than _______________.
- Series of wars fought over the Holy Land.
- preserved the Latin language.
- An independent _____________ protects citizens' rights from the government.
- Because Europe's geography provided people with everything they needed to live, manors were able to be _______________, or able to make everything they needed.
5 True/False Questions
Christianity → Charlemagne helped to spread ____________.
Middle Ages → Historical period between the Classic Age and the Modern Age.
Seljuk Turks → Their takeover of the Holy Land prompted the First Crusade.
Feudalism → __________ was based on an agreement between lords and vassals.
Muslims → Who preserved ancient Greek works?