5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the Church
- Middle Ages
- a It had enormous influence over every aspect of life.
- b Historical period between the Classic Age and the Modern Age.
- c They brought peace and stability to Europe, allowing towns to grow.
- d An independent _____________ protects citizens' rights from the government.
- e Plentiful natural resources allowed ________ to be self-supporting.
5 Multiple choice questions
- __________ was based on an agreement between lords and vassals.
- Because of its wealth, the Church was more powerful than _______________.
- Because Europe's geography provided people with everything they needed to live, manors were able to be _______________, or able to make everything they needed.
- Based on the granting of land in exchange for military service.
- Pope Gregory VII's response to King Henry IV's disobeying him.
5 True/False questions
Jews → They were persecuted - blamed - after the Crusades and the Black Death.
Magna Carta → Because of its wealth, the Church was more powerful than _______________.
Thomas Aquinas → Who preserved ancient Greek works?
Muslims → Plentiful natural resources allowed ________ to be self-supporting.
Pope → They were persecuted - blamed - after the Crusades and the Black Death.