5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Magna Carta
- Seljuk Turks
- a Who preserved ancient Greek works?
- b Their takeover of the Holy Land prompted the First Crusade.
- c Charlemagne helped to spread ____________.
- d Guaranteed protection under the law and a trial by jury.
- e __________ was based on an agreement between lords and vassals.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Because of its wealth, the Church was more powerful than _______________.
- Who preserved Latin and ancient texts?
- Because Europe's geography provided people with everything they needed to live, manors were able to be _______________, or able to make everything they needed.
- They were persecuted - blamed - after the Crusades and the Black Death.
- This protects people from unlawful imprisonment.
5 True/False questions
the Church → It had enormous influence over every aspect of life.
Crusades → Series of wars fought over the Holy Land.
Judiciary → An independent _____________ protects citizens' rights from the government.
Thomas Aquinas → He believed that Greek thought could coexist with Christian ideas.
Middle Ages → Who preserved ancient Greek works?