5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cathedral schools
- Magna Carta
- a Because of its wealth, the Church was more powerful than _______________.
- b preserved the Latin language.
- c Pope Gregory VII's response to King Henry IV's disobeying him.
- d They brought peace and stability to Europe, allowing towns to grow.
- e Guaranteed protection under the law and a trial by jury.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Their takeover of the Holy Land prompted the First Crusade.
- Historical period between the Classic Age and the Modern Age.
- This protects people from unlawful imprisonment.
- Plentiful natural resources allowed ________ to be self-supporting.
- Who preserved ancient Greek works?
5 True/False questions
Feudalism → __________ was based on an agreement between lords and vassals.
Thomas Aquinas → Who preserved ancient Greek works?
Monks → Who preserved Latin and ancient texts?
Lord - Vassal system → They brought peace and stability to Europe, allowing towns to grow.
self-sufficient → Because Europe's geography provided people with everything they needed to live, manors were able to be _______________, or able to make everything they needed.