5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Lord - Vassal system
- Thomas Aquinas
- Habeus Corpus
- a He believed that Greek thought could coexist with Christian ideas.
- b This protects people from unlawful imprisonment.
- c Based on the granting of land in exchange for military service.
- d Because of its wealth, the Church was more powerful than _______________.
- e They brought peace and stability to Europe, allowing towns to grow.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- preserved the Latin language.
- __________ was based on an agreement between lords and vassals.
- Who preserved Latin and ancient texts?
- Their takeover of the Holy Land prompted the First Crusade.
- Charlemagne helped to spread ____________.
5 True/False Questions
Pope → Head of the Roman Catholic Church
self-sufficient → Because Europe's geography provided people with everything they needed to live, manors were able to be _______________, or able to make everything they needed.
Jews → Head of the Roman Catholic Church
the Church → An independent _____________ protects citizens' rights from the government.
Judiciary → An independent _____________ protects citizens' rights from the government.