5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hodgkin's lymphoma
- RDW (Red cell distribution width)
- Iron Deficiency Anemia (Diagnositcs)
- Conversion of folic acid, absorption of iron
(Essential Nutrients for RBC production)
- Serum globulins
- a STAYS IN LYMPH SYSTEM.
B-lymphocytes, local-regional, fever, night sweats, weight loss is common, extranodal- rare, histology-singular
malignant proliferation of one form of reticuloentothelial cell within the lymph nodes; lymph nodes contain Reed-Sternberg cells
- b CBC/Blood indices, micorcytic, hypochromic
Hemoglobin under 12 g/dL for males; under 11g/dL for females
- c transport of lipids, bilirubin; has immune function , Constitutes 36% of proteins in the plasma.
- d is a calculation of the variation in the size of your RBCs
- e Vitamin C: citrus fruits, green leafy veggies, strawberries, cantaloupe
5 Multiple choice questions
- Plasma cells infiltrate the bone marrow and destroy bone.
Longevity-2yrs post-diagnosis, avg age 65 men>women
Diagnostic findings: pancytopenia, increased uric acid, calcium, creatinine, + Monoclonal (M) antibody protein & Bence Jones protein
- medications: combination chemotherapy, radiation, corticosteroids, and transfusion therapy
Stem cell transplation, monitor lab studies
- B12: Meats,Liver
Folic Acid: green leafy veggies, meat, fish,grains
- abnormally large erythrocytes
- hypovolemic shock, lethargy, liver congestion, pallor, worsening chronic jaundice
5 True/False questions
(Essential Nutrients for RBC production) → Iron: meat,eggs,legumes,dried fruit, grains
B6: meat, wheat germ legumes, bananas
Jaundice → results from rupture and hemolysis of abnormal erythrocytes, as seen in hemolytic anemias and pernicious anemia, causing the relase of large amounts of bilirubin into the circulation
Platlet Count → A small red or purple spot caused by bleeding into the skin.
Folic Acid Deficiency Anemia
(Manifestations) → CBC: MCV normal, normocytic, normochromic
Pancytopenia -/+, decreased RBCs, WBCs, Platelets. 3 MAJOR CONCERNS- anemia, hemorrhage, infection
Bone Maroow Bx: fatty marrow, decreased stem cells.
Hemophilia B → (Christmas disease) deficiency of factor IX (20%)