5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Warren Commission
- Lend Lease Act
- Iron Curtain
- a Winston Churchill's term for the extension of Communist control over Eastern Europe
- b During the Vietnam War, the U.S. program of turning over to the South Vietnamese government responsibility for waging the conflict, in order to implement withdrawal of U.S. military personnel.
- c supplying other countries during WWII
- d nickname given to shantytowns in the United States during the depression. Named after Pres. Hoover who was blamed for the Depression
- e Group that concluded Oswald acted alone in killing the President
5 Multiple choice questions
- operation to take back Europe from the Axis powers
- A hit-and-run technique used in fighting a war; fighting by small bands of warriors using tactics such as sudden ambushes
- killed themselves publicly by setting themselves on fire.
- Committed combat troops to Vietnam
- The first artificial satellite sent into space, launched by the Soviets.
5 True/False questions
Baby Boom → a region in the central and southern Great Plains where drought and high winds caused much of the soil to blow away. Storm clouds extended hundreds of miles.
Holocaust → City JFK was shot and killed
Hollywood Ten → Rainy season that made fighting in Vietnam very difficult.
blacklist → Literary rebels against conformity and consumer culture
Berlin Airlift → airlift in 1948 that supplied food and fuel to citizens of west Berlin when the Russians closed off land access to Berlin