5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Brown vs Board
- Kent State
- Dust Bowl
- Draft Dodgers
- Tet Offensive
- a a region in the central and southern Great Plains where drought and high winds caused much of the soil to blow away. Storm clouds extended hundreds of miles.
- b Draft Dodgers Americans who opposed the war and left the US rather than fight
- c supreme court ruled segregation in school was unconstitutional
- d 1970, 4 students were killed by a National Guardsmen, that led to many more doves demanding we leave Vietnam
- e National Liberation Front and North Vietnamese forces launched a huge attack on the Vietnamese New Year (Tet), which was defeated after a month of fighting and many thousands of casualties; major defeat for communism, but Americans reacted sharply, with declining approval of LBJ and more anti-war sentiment.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- who were jailed for refusing to answer congressional questions regarding Communist influence in Hollywood
- Charged with spying and giving atomic secrets to the USSR.
- nickname given to shantytowns in the United States during the depression. Named after Pres. Hoover who was blamed for the Depression
- HOUSE UN-AMERICAN ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE
- 1964 Congressional resolution authorizing President Johnson to take military action in Vietnam
5 True/False Questions
Rolling Thunder → A bombing campaign begun by LBJ against North Vietnam
I Love Lucy → nickname given to shantytowns in the United States during the depression. Named after Pres. Hoover who was blamed for the Depression
Stalingrad → City JFK was shot and killed
Search and Destroy → a strategy used in Vietnam in which American forces sought Vietcong and North Vietnamese units to destroy them.
Nagasaki → Literary rebels against conformity and consumer culture