5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Congenital hypothyroidism
- Causes facial tissues to swell up &look pufy. Has a slow heart rate, low body temp, sensitivity to cold dry hair in skin, musclular weakness, general lethargy & tendonsy to gain weight
- on the cells of the thyroid gland
- a portion of the diencephalon, lying beneath the thalamus
- Secrete their products into interstitial fluid then the hormones diffuse into blood capillaries & blood carries them thoughout the body
- a What is hypothalamus?
- b What condition do you have with little secreton of thyroid hormone at birth?
- c endocrine glands
- d What are the effects of too little secretion of thyroid hormone in an adult
- e Where are receptors located?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What are the 3 principle classes of lipid soluble hormones?
- List the slak like structure which attaches the pituitary gland to the hypothalamus?
- WHat is antidiuretic hormone's other name?
5 True/False questions
Hypophysis → The pituitary gland has another name, what is it?
Diabetes insipidus → What condition occurs if a person had defects with adh receptors or has an inability to secrete adh?
Thyroxine & T4 → What is prolactin target?
just below the larnyx (voice box) → What the hgh stand for?
Human Growth Hormone → What is the general term for hormones which will stimulate the anterior pituitary to realease its hormones?