5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Secrete their products into ducts that carry the secretions into a body cavity, into a lumen of an organ, or onto the outer surface of the body
- The mothers uterus and breasts
- Gas, Steroid, thyroid hormones
- an autoimmune disease that
- a What are the 3 principle classes of lipid soluble hormones?
- b WHat is antidiuretic hormone's other name?
- c Exocrine glands
- d What is graves disease?
- e what are the tergets of oxytocin?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What does sth stand for?
- What function does the hypothalumus perform for the endocrine system?
- What is the general term for hormones which will stimulate the anterior pituitary to realease its hormones?
- When is oxytocin released?
- What condition do you have with little secreton of thyroid hormone at birth?
5 True/False Questions
Initiates and maintains milk production by the mammary glands → What is the effect of prolactin?
by chemically binding specific protein receptors → How will hormone affect specific cells to perform a function?
They work together, certain parts of the nervous system stimulate or in hibit the release of hormones by the endocrine system → Compare effects of endocrine system with those of nervous system
A specialized cell or a distal portion of a neuron that responds to a specific sensory modality → what are target cells?
mimic the action of thyroid-stimulation hormone tsh) → What are the two hormones which are stored and released by the porsterior pituitary gland?