5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- pulmonary system
- a the system of blood vessels that carries deoxygenated blood to the lungs and oxygenated blood back to the heart
- b small metallic, mesh, cylinder that is inserted into the blocked artery. It remains in place, preventing the artery from closing again
- c The thick muscular wall that separates the left side of the heart from the right side. The septum prevents oxygen rich and oxygen poor blood from mixing in the heart.
- d inflammation of the veins
- e small vessels that receive blood from the arteries
5 Multiple choice questions
- Size of a large male fist. Located in the centre of your chest. It keeps the blood containing oxygen seperated from the blood containing carbon-dioxide.
- average adult has 5L of blood, has two parts which are the plasma and cells
- an anti-clogging drug used for low-risk patients & stronger drugs for higher risk patients
- while the catheter is in place a small balloon is threaded through the blockage, it is inflated, and opens the artery
- tubes that carry blood as it circulates. Arteries bring oxygenated blood from the heart and lungs; veins return oxygen-depleted blood back to the heart and lungs
5 True/False questions
varicose veins → Blood vessels that carry blood away from the heart.
venules → vessels that carry blood to the heart
plasma → liquid portion of blood. Colorless watery fluid of blood and lymph containing no cells and in which erythrocytes and leukocytes and platelets are suspended
white blood cells → protect the body against invading microrganisms and toxins
platelets → Blood vessels that carry blood away from the heart.