5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- circulatory system
- closed system
- white blood cells
- a protect the body against invading microrganisms and toxins
- b Size of a large male fist. Located in the centre of your chest. It keeps the blood containing oxygen seperated from the blood containing carbon-dioxide.
- c a graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph
- d A system that is entirely self-contained and does not respond to changes in the environment.
- e the heart, arteries, capillaries and veins responsible for circulating blood throughout the body.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- vessels that carry blood to the heart
- a vein graft is used to shunt the blood supply around the blocked area in a coronary artery - long recovery time
- free movement or passage through a series of vessels (as of water through pipes or sap through a plant)
- average adult has 5L of blood, has two parts which are the plasma and cells
- while the catheter is in place a small balloon is threaded through the blockage, it is inflated, and opens the artery
5 True/False Questions
cardiac catherization → blood travels through the tissues of the heart
arteriosclerosis → walls of the arteries thicken. harden & lose their elasticity
red blood cells → (erythrocytes) transport Oxygen bound to hemoglobin to the cells and tissues,
systemic system → the system of blood vessels that carries oxygenated blood to the tissues of the body and deoxygenated blood back to the heart
asprin → The thick muscular wall that separates the left side of the heart from the right side. The septum prevents oxygen rich and oxygen poor blood from mixing in the heart.