5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- systemic system
- a The thick muscular wall that separates the left side of the heart from the right side. The septum prevents oxygen rich and oxygen poor blood from mixing in the heart.
- b inflammation of the veins
- c an instrument that detects the electrical signals of the heart. It produces an electrocardiogram
- d small metallic, mesh, cylinder that is inserted into the blocked artery. It remains in place, preventing the artery from closing again
- e the system of blood vessels that carries oxygenated blood to the tissues of the body and deoxygenated blood back to the heart
5 Multiple choice questions
- average adult has 5L of blood, has two parts which are the plasma and cells
- a vein graft is used to shunt the blood supply around the blocked area in a coronary artery - long recovery time
- tubes that carry blood as it circulates. Arteries bring oxygenated blood from the heart and lungs; veins return oxygen-depleted blood back to the heart and lungs
- Blood vessels that carry blood away from the heart.
- A tough thin membrane that surronds the heart. This prevents the heart getting damaged from rubbing against the inside wall.
5 True/False questions
varicose veins → Blood vessels that carry blood away from the heart.
venules → small veins that drain blood from the capillaries and then join to form a vein
circulation → free movement or passage through a series of vessels (as of water through pipes or sap through a plant)
arterioles → small vessels that receive blood from the arteries
cardiac system → A system that is entirely self-contained and does not respond to changes in the environment.