5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- systemic system
- blood vessels
- a tubes that carry blood as it circulates. Arteries bring oxygenated blood from the heart and lungs; veins return oxygen-depleted blood back to the heart and lungs
- b small vessels that receive blood from the arteries
- c Size of a large male fist. Located in the centre of your chest. It keeps the blood containing oxygen seperated from the blood containing carbon-dioxide.
- d the system of blood vessels that carries oxygenated blood to the tissues of the body and deoxygenated blood back to the heart
- e A tough thin membrane that surronds the heart. This prevents the heart getting damaged from rubbing against the inside wall.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- liquid portion of blood. Colorless watery fluid of blood and lymph containing no cells and in which erythrocytes and leukocytes and platelets are suspended
- The thick muscular wall that separates the left side of the heart from the right side. The septum prevents oxygen rich and oxygen poor blood from mixing in the heart.
- while the catheter is in place a small balloon is threaded through the blockage, it is inflated, and opens the artery
- inflammation of the veins
- small veins that drain blood from the capillaries and then join to form a vein
5 True/False Questions
circulation → inflammation of the veins
closed system → blood travels through the tissues of the heart
arteriosclerosis → walls of the arteries thicken. harden & lose their elasticity
white blood cells → (erythrocytes) transport Oxygen bound to hemoglobin to the cells and tissues,
cardiac system → A system that is entirely self-contained and does not respond to changes in the environment.