5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a People exalted for dying for their faith.
- b A small group of followers, especially known=Jesus's 12 Disciples who spread his teachings after he died.
- c (628-551 BCE) Religious teacher and prophet of ancient Persia; he founded a religion known as Zoroastrianism based on the ideas of dualism and that people have free will and can act as they choose
- d (Died 1468 BCE) Queen of ancient Egypt; she took the throne in the place of her stepson, Thutmose III, and during her reign, focused on temple-building projects and trade
- e The belief in one god
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A granite stone found in 1799 that bears an inscription in hieroglyphics, demotic characters, and Greek; gave the first clue to deciphering Egyptian hieroglyphics.
- A correlation between the lessening of the value of a currency and a dramatic rise in prices.
- A general who became consul in 88 BCE. In response to Marius defying Roman custom by trying to prevent him from taking military command, he marched on Rome with his army, becoming dictator, and killing those who opposed him. Although he believed he had preserved the power of the Senate, this man really just paved the way for Rome to become an empire rather than a republic.
- The belief that the world is controlled by two opposing forces, good and evil
- A written political system.
5 True/False Questions
Villa → A triangular region formed at the mouth of a river by deposits of silt
Torah → The assembly place of an ancient Roman city where people met, where the Senate met, where speeches were made, and where gossip was exchanged and people went shopping.
Odoacer → The first barbarian king of Italy who took power in 476 CE after the fall of Western Rome
Satrap → Governors in Ancient Persia appointed by Darius I to govern a region, called a satrapy, in the emperor's name
Apostles → (1500s-1400s BCE) Hebrew prophet and lawgiver; according to the Bible, he led the Hebrew people out of Egypt and back to Canaan in the Exodus. According to the Bible, it was during this journey that he recieved the Ten Commandments from G-d.