← Chapter 15 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Sir Thomas More
- The Inquisition
- Baldassare Castiglione
- Johannes Guttenberg
- Desiderius Erasmus
- a wrote "The Courtier" about how gentleman should behave
- b developed a printing press using moveable type
- c The inquisition was in full effect during the Counter-Reformation years. Inquisition set up to investigate people who might be Protestant, witches or other religions. Spanish Inquisition used to get rid of Muslims, Jews, and Protestant. Inquisitions put out an Index of Forbidden Book.
- d More was an English politician. He wrote this book called Utopia about this dream world with a very ideal-government.
- e was a priest in the Netherlands. He wanted to combine Humanism and Christianity. The church overreacted against it, so he got in big trouble with the Church.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- asks 'is it better to be loved or feared'
- Artist. He came from the Medici family. The Medici family was from Florence and was paid by the Sforza family for art.
- Protestants and Catholics persecuted Muslim and Jews
- archbishop of Milan wanted better-educated priests
- a female Italian author who grew up in France. After her husband died, she calmed herself by writing books. She wrote "The City of Women" about gender roles in society
5 True/False Questions
Albrecht Durer → Artist. He came from the Medici family. The Medici family was from Florence and was paid by the Sforza family for art.
Jan Van Eyck → were French Protestants.
Counter-Reformation → ran away from her orphanage to become a nun. She made rules stricter and reformed Carmelite order. She also Inspired many to return to the Church.
The Huguenots → were French Protestants.
People were afraid of witches → Accused witches, especially women, often killed