5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Who got to Rome first?
- Three realist writers
- Why was Britain successful in changing without revolution?
- Giuseppe Garibaldi lead....
- Who was the first king of united Italy?
- a Charles Dickens (Hard Times) Gustave Flaubert (Madame Bovary) Dostoyevsky (Crime and Punishment)
- b Victor Emmanuel II
- c Liberty was considered a birthright and parliament adapted to change.
- d Cavour
- e the red shirts
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Austrian rulers
- big scientist of the age who sailed around in the Beagle. Found the Galapagos islands.
- rejection of romantic idealism and subjectivity.
- Napoleon III and Victor Emmanuel II
- conservative, British prime minister, wanted state intervention for poor, sponsored Factory Act 1875
5 True/False Questions
Who rote On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection? → Charles Darwin!
Gustav Courbet → king of Sicily
Britain has a _________ economy. → showed off modern technology
Bismark, Cavour and Louis Napoleon understood what political essential? → importance of public opinion
Cavour was a premier under __________ and first minister under his son, ____________. → Victor Emmanuel II