5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Who got to Rome first?
- Who was Charles Darwin?
- Benjamin Disraeli
- Bismark, Cavour and Louis Napoleon understood what political essential?
- Benjamin Disraeli was also the....
- a importance of public opinion
- b first Earl of Beaconsfield
- c big scientist of the age who sailed around in the Beagle. Found the Galapagos islands.
- d conservative, British prime minister, wanted state intervention for poor, sponsored Factory Act 1875
- e Cavour
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- showed off modern technology
- Austrian rulers
- Liberty was considered a birthright and parliament adapted to change.
- Napoleon III and Victor Emmanuel II
- group that understood the power of the press
5 True/False Questions
Three realist writers → Charles Dickens (Hard Times) Gustave Flaubert (Madame Bovary) Dostoyevsky (Crime and Punishment)
Britain has a _________ economy. → capitalist.
Gustav Courbet → realist painter. The Artist's Studio, Burial at Ornans, Stone Breakers
Giuseppe Garibaldi lead.... → the red shirts
Cavour was a premier under __________ and first minister under his son, ____________. → Carlo-Alberto, Victor Emmanuel II