5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why was Britain successful in changing without revolution?
- Bismark, Cavour and Louis Napoleon understood what political essential?
- Who was Charles Darwin?
- Who got to Rome first?
- Crystal Palace Exhibit
- a importance of public opinion
- b Cavour
- c showed off modern technology
- d big scientist of the age who sailed around in the Beagle. Found the Galapagos islands.
- e Liberty was considered a birthright and parliament adapted to change.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Charles Darwin!
- Carlo-Alberto, Victor Emmanuel II
- rejection of romantic idealism and subjectivity.
5 True/False questions
Three realist writers → group that understood the power of the press
T/F Both of the Giuseppe's movements were successful. → Napoleon III and Victor Emmanuel II
Treaty of Plombieres (against the Austrians → Charles Dickens (Hard Times) Gustave Flaubert (Madame Bovary) Dostoyevsky (Crime and Punishment)
Tuscany, Modena, Parma and Romagna rejected their.... → Austrian rulers
Benjamin Disraeli was also the.... → conservative, British prime minister, wanted state intervention for poor, sponsored Factory Act 1875