5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Who got to Rome first?
- Benjamin Disraeli
- William Gladstone
- T/F Both of the Giuseppe's movements were successful.
- a False. Both failed
- b classic liberal (free markets) British Prime minister, wanted wealthy to pay for poor, education and military reformer,
- c Cavour
- d conservative, British prime minister, wanted state intervention for poor, sponsored Factory Act 1875
5 Multiple choice questions
- Charles Darwin!
- Carlo-Alberto, Victor Emmanuel II
- big scientist of the age who sailed around in the Beagle. Found the Galapagos islands.
- opportunistic politician and realist. wanted to unify Italy and make it a major European power.
- group that understood the power of the press
5 True/False questions
Crystal Palace Exhibit → showed off modern technology
Benjamin Disraeli was also the.... → first Earl of Beaconsfield
Britain has a _________ economy. → showed off modern technology
Why was Britain successful in changing without revolution? → Liberty was considered a birthright and parliament adapted to change.
Bismark, Cavour and Louis Napoleon understood what political essential? → importance of public opinion