5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Why was Britain successful in changing without revolution?
- Three realist writers
- William Gladstone
- Who was the first king of united Italy?
- Crystal Palace Exhibit
- a Charles Dickens (Hard Times) Gustave Flaubert (Madame Bovary) Dostoyevsky (Crime and Punishment)
- b classic liberal (free markets) British Prime minister, wanted wealthy to pay for poor, education and military reformer,
- c showed off modern technology
- d Victor Emmanuel II
- e Liberty was considered a birthright and parliament adapted to change.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the red shirts
- group that understood the power of the press
- first Earl of Beaconsfield
- Charles Darwin!
- opportunistic politician and realist. wanted to unify Italy and make it a major European power.
5 True/False Questions
Francois II → king of Sicily
Who involved Piedmont Sardinia with the Crimean War? → Victor Emmanuel II
Cavour was a premier under __________ and first minister under his son, ____________. → Victor Emmanuel II
Tuscany, Modena, Parma and Romagna rejected their.... → first Earl of Beaconsfield
Bismark, Cavour and Louis Napoleon understood what political essential? → importance of public opinion