5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Gustav Courbet
- William Gladstone
- Who rote On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection?
- Benjamin Disraeli
- Camillo Benso di Cavour
- a classic liberal (free markets) British Prime minister, wanted wealthy to pay for poor, education and military reformer,
- b realist painter. The Artist's Studio, Burial at Ornans, Stone Breakers
- c opportunistic politician and realist. wanted to unify Italy and make it a major European power.
- d conservative, British prime minister, wanted state intervention for poor, sponsored Factory Act 1875
- e Charles Darwin!
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- rejection of romantic idealism and subjectivity.
- False. Both failed
- Austrian rulers
- importance of public opinion
5 True/False Questions
Francois II → rejection of romantic idealism and subjectivity.
Treaty of Plombieres (against the Austrians → Charles Dickens (Hard Times) Gustave Flaubert (Madame Bovary) Dostoyevsky (Crime and Punishment)
Three realist writers → group that understood the power of the press
Who involved Piedmont Sardinia with the Crimean War? → Victor Emmanuel II
Cavour was a premier under __________ and first minister under his son, ____________. → Carlo-Alberto, Victor Emmanuel II