5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who involved Piedmont Sardinia with the Crimean War?
- Benjamin Disraeli
- Francois II
- Giuseppe Mazzini lead....
- William Gladstone
- a classic liberal (free markets) British Prime minister, wanted wealthy to pay for poor, education and military reformer,
- b conservative, British prime minister, wanted state intervention for poor, sponsored Factory Act 1875
- c young italy
- d Cavour
- e king of Sicily
5 Multiple choice questions
- opportunistic politician and realist. wanted to unify Italy and make it a major European power.
- Napoleon III and Victor Emmanuel II
- first Earl of Beaconsfield
- Carlo-Alberto, Victor Emmanuel II
- big scientist of the age who sailed around in the Beagle. Found the Galapagos islands.
5 True/False questions
Bismark, Cavour and Louis Napoleon understood what political essential? → importance of public opinion
Who got to Rome first? → big scientist of the age who sailed around in the Beagle. Found the Galapagos islands.
Gustav Courbet → realist painter. The Artist's Studio, Burial at Ornans, Stone Breakers
Why was Britain successful in changing without revolution? → Liberty was considered a birthright and parliament adapted to change.
Giuseppe Garibaldi lead.... → young italy