5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- William Gladstone
- Benjamin Disraeli
- Bismark, Cavour and Louis Napoleon understood what political essential?
- Three realist writers
- a conservative, British prime minister, wanted state intervention for poor, sponsored Factory Act 1875
- b Charles Dickens (Hard Times) Gustave Flaubert (Madame Bovary) Dostoyevsky (Crime and Punishment)
- c importance of public opinion
- d classic liberal (free markets) British Prime minister, wanted wealthy to pay for poor, education and military reformer,
- e rejection of romantic idealism and subjectivity.
5 Multiple choice questions
- opportunistic politician and realist. wanted to unify Italy and make it a major European power.
- the red shirts
- realist painter. The Artist's Studio, Burial at Ornans, Stone Breakers
- first Earl of Beaconsfield
5 True/False questions
Why was Britain successful in changing without revolution? → Liberty was considered a birthright and parliament adapted to change.
Who rote On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection? → Victor Emmanuel II
Cavour was a premier under __________ and first minister under his son, ____________. → Victor Emmanuel II
Francois II → king of Sicily
Giuseppe Mazzini lead.... → the red shirts