5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- air foil
- a an object who's shape contributes to lift
- b the backward force on an airplane caused by friction
- c which state of matter does not flow?
- d matter that can flow is called.
- e the forces on the airplane that pushes it up
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the downward force on an object caused by gravity
- pressure decreased as a fluid speeds up.
- during level flight, what force should be increased to make the aircraft go faster?
- a hot air balloon can float in the air because it displaces an amount of air equal in weight to the weight of the hot air balloon. this is an application of ____________.
- when the temperature is high, matter tends to be ____________.
5 True/False Questions
pressure → the force exerted by air
hydraulic system → during level flight, what force should be increased to make the aircraft go faster?
up → if a large crate is released from a military cargo plane and parachuted to the ground, will the airplane immediately move up or down?
buoyant force → an object who's shape contributes to lift
weight → when the buoyant force is equal to an object's ____________, the object will float in a fluid