5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Interchangeable Parts
- Samuel Slater
- The Jungle
- a the first hundred days of this man's presidency were characterized by a record amount of legislation. His first hundred days in office are the standard to which other presidencies are compared.
- b "Father of Factor System", built first efficient cotton-spinning machine in the U.S.
- c this act restricted monopolies and set up the federal trade comission.
- d The system of being able to replace certain parts of machinery or tools easily because all the machinery and tools were identical.
- e a novel written about Chicago's meat packing industry, this book led to significant reform and regulation of America's food industry.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- spiraling inflation, wartime to peace time production, and returning G.I.s were problems associated with this.
- drought caused massive crop failures, which allowed the topsoil to blow away. The central agricultural region of the U.S. became known as this. This name is symbolic for the great depression.
- the three aspects of president roosevelt's plan to combat the great depression in America.
- this theory of economics teaches that economic growth can be most effectively created by lowering barriers for people to produce (supply) goods and services, such as lowering income tax and capital gains tax rates, and by allowing greater flexibility by reducing regulation. Similar to the trickle-down effect.
- the following reforms fall under which of Teddy Roosevelt's legisltive movements, (1) transferring forests to the U.S. forest service, (2) withdrawing millions of acres of land from public sale to protect resources, (3) use public land sale revenues to build dams and canals.
5 True/False Questions
dollar diplomacy → this mans administration was marked by conservative views on taxes, tariffs, immigration restriction, labor rights, and business regulation.
Hamilton's Economic Policies → this theory of economics teaches that economic growth can be most effectively created by lowering barriers for people to produce (supply) goods and services, such as lowering income tax and capital gains tax rates, and by allowing greater flexibility by reducing regulation. Similar to the trickle-down effect.
Tariff of 1833 → This followed the "____ of Abominations", being a compromise spear-headed by Henry Clay, reducing the % rate to appease the angry South.
suburbs → Levittown was a famous example of these, white middle-class Americans would move here to escape the city, and often desegregation. These became symbolic of the '50s
Pools and Trusts → this type of inflation arises when prices for items that companies need to create goods increase, so these companies raise prices.