← APHG ch 8 vocab Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- territorial representation
- a representation of a real-world phenomenon at a certain level of reduction or generalization
- b a tightly knit group of people possessing bonds of language, ethnicity, religion, and other shared cultural attributes
- c Processes that incorporate higher levels of education, higher salaries, and more technology
- d system wherein each representative is elected from a territorially defined districs
- e rule by autonomouse power over a subordinate and alien people and place
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Theoretically, a recognized member of the modern state system possessing formal sovereignty and occupied by a people who see themselves as a single, united nation.
- a politically organized territory that is administered by a sovereign government and is recognized by a significant portion of the international community
- government based on the principle that the people are the ultimate sovereign and have the final say over what happens within a state
- A venture involving three or more nation-states involving formal political, economic, and / or cultural cooperation to promote shared objectives
- in the context of political power, the capacity of a state to influence other states or achieve its goal through diplomatic, economic, and militaristic means.
5 True/False Questions
Political geography → a subdivision of human geography focused on the nature and implications of the evolving spatial organization of political governance and formal political practice on the Earth's surface`
centripetal → forces that tend to unify a country
majority-minority districts → In the context of determining representative districts, the process by which a majority of the population is from the minority
heartland theory → a geopolitical hypothesis, proposed by british geographer Halford Mackinder during the first two decades of the twentieth century, that any political power based in the heart of Eurasia could gain sufficient strength to eventually dominate the world.
devolution → a tightly knit group of people possessing bonds of language, ethnicity, religion, and other shared cultural attributes