5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- sound effects
- they describe how elements in the play should look, sound, and be performed
- a all the elements of the drama presented to the senses of the audience
- b sounds introduced to create mood or to indicate the prescence of something
- c the written form of a play that contains dialogue, stage directions, and divisions (acts, scenes)
- d stage directions help you picture the action of a play becuase....
- e stage in classical times, dramas were performed in open-air amphitheatres
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- author of a play/ workman like a carpenter who shapes a play
- stage in the 19th and 20th cent., the "picture stage" became common/ box-like area with 3 walls and a removed "4th wall" through which the audience views the action
- speeches given by an actor who is alone on stage
- first literary dramas were created where?
- which action best describes horace's growing confidence?
5 True/False Questions
it highlights the location of the action → what major purpose does lighting have in this play?
emily refuses to go with horace to the dance → what major purpose does lighting have in this play?
ritual sacrifices → what was the purpose of the first dramas?
5th century b.c. → first literary dramas were created where?
thrust → stage in Elizabethan England, a platform that jutted into an area open to the sky was created