5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Eleanor Roosevelt
- Duke Ellington
- a an organization that helps people in need.
- b jazz composer and musician of the Harlem Renaissance.
- c Tennessee Valley Authority - hired people to build dams on the Tennessee River. Drams created hydroelectricity in rural areas in the Southeast.
- d period when many people can't find work and many others have no money to keep businesses going.
- e found for rights of women, children and African Americans; wife of Pres. Franklin Roosevelt.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 31st President of the United States
- the number of people without a job
- writer from Atlanta, Ga who wrote "Gone With the Wind", which was made into a movie in 1939.
- 32nd President of the United States
- the least amount a worker in most types of jobs can legally be paid.
5 True/False Questions
social security → an organization that helps people in need.
How did Hoover handle the problems facing Americans during the Great Depression? → Federal government should affect the economy to end the Great Depression. Created government programs to help suffering people.
How did Roosevelt handle the problems facing Americans during the Great Depression? → Federal government should not affect the economy to end the Great Depression. Gave money to banks and business, but did not help people.
debt → Civilian Conservation Corps - create jobs and protect natural environment. Workers planted trees and created hiking trails.
What was the Dust Bowl and how did it affect farmers? → Stock market crash in October 1929.