5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Vehicles and Equipment Subject to Inspection
- Brakes Required
- Maximum width of vehicle
- Maximum Height
- Maximum length of vehicle combination
- a ~MV, trailer, semitrailer, pole trailer, or mobile home registered in Texas.
~Moped is subject to inspection in the same manner as a motorcycle except only the brakes, headlamps, rear lamps, and reflectors must comply with standards prescribed by 547.408 and 547.801.
- b ~Not required if gross weight is 4500 lbs, or less; or if heavier than 4500 lbs, but not heavier than 15000 lbs. If drawn at speed of not more than 30 mph.
- c ~65 feet - a combination of not more than three vehicles.
- d ~102 inches.
~Passenger vehicle may not carry a load extending more than 3 inches beyond the left side line of fenders or more than 6 inches beyond the right side line of fenders.
- e ~14 feet - vehicle and its load.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
~15-60 inches in height.
- ~Distance of at least 200 feet from the rear of the vehicle.
- ~24-42 inches in height.
- Inspection Certificates enforceable after fifth (5th) day of expiration if motor vehicle is registered in Texas.
- ~MV's year model 1948 or later other than motorcycle or motor driven cycles shall be equipped with a beam indicator lighted only when uppermost distribution of light is in use.
5 True/False Questions
Use of Video Equipment & T.V. Receivers → ~MV may not be equipped with T.V., digital disc or, videocassette player; or similar equipment if video display is NOT visible from operator's seat.
Audible Warning Devices → ~24-42 inches in height.
Turn Signal lamps → ~Front:white or amber or color between white and amber; Rear:red or amber or color between red and amber.
Tail lamps → ~Red.
~15-72 inches in height.
~must be visible 1000 feet.
Maximum length of motor vehicle → ~45 feet-motor vehicles