5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Maximum extended length of load
- Brakes Required
- Mirrors Required
- Maximum Height
- a ~A vehicle or combination of vehicles may not carry a load that extends more than 3 feet beyond its front or, except as permitted by other law, 4 feet beyond its rear.
- b ~Distance of at least 200 feet from the rear of the vehicle.
- c ~Not more than 4 of the following lighted at the one time: headlamps,; lamps, including auxiliary lamp or spot lamp more than 300 candlepower.
~24-54 inches in height.
- d ~Not required if gross weight is 4500 lbs, or less; or if heavier than 4500 lbs, but not heavier than 15000 lbs. If drawn at speed of not more than 30 mph.
- e ~14 feet - vehicle and its load.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- ~MV may not be equipped with T.V., digital disc or, videocassette player; or similar equipment if video display is NOT visible from operator's seat.
- ~24-42 inches in height.
- ~Operator must select lowermost distribution of light or composite light when approaching oncoming vehicle within 500 feet; or approaching vehicle from behind within 300 feet.
- ~59 feet - semitrailer operated in a truck-tractor and semitractor combination.
~28.5 feet - semitrailer or trailer operated in a truck-tractor, semitrailer, trailer combination.
~15-72 inches in height.
~must be visible 1000 feet.
5 True/False Questions
Headlamps → ~backup lamps emit light only when the vehicle is not moving forward
Maximum length of motor vehicle → ~102 inches.
~Passenger vehicle may not carry a load extending more than 3 inches beyond the left side line of fenders or more than 6 inches beyond the right side line of fenders.
Auxiliary Driving Lamps → ~16-42 inches in height.
Lighting Equipment on Projected Loads → ~Red flags.
~Flags at least 12 inches square.
~At least 4 feet beyond the bed or body of the vehicle.
~Loads beyond the sides or more than 4 feet beyond the vehicle's rear shall display red flags.
Vehicles and Equipment Subject to Inspection → ~MV, trailer, semitrailer, pole trailer, or mobile home registered in Texas.
~Moped is subject to inspection in the same manner as a motorcycle except only the brakes, headlamps, rear lamps, and reflectors must comply with standards prescribed by 547.408 and 547.801.