4 Written Questions
3 Multiple Choice Questions
- - Prevented the British from splitting New England from the rest of the colonies.
- As a result Gen. Burgoyne and his army surrendered to the Americans.
- Proved to France that America could win the war.
- British offered Americans home rule within the British Empire.
- -Drafted by Thomas Jefferson, edited by the Continental Congress.
-Argued that humans have natural rights, guaranteed to them at birth.
-Blamed King George for the problems leading up to the Revolution.
-Declared the United States independent from Great Britain.
- - Ended the Revolutionary War, granted the colonies independence, and gave them territory from Canada's southern border to Florida's northern border.
- Britain hoped to split the US from its French allies by granting the nation's wishes.
3 True/False Questions
Olive Branch Petition → -The colonies' final offer of peace to King George.
-Agreed to be loyal to King George if the government would address their wishes (repeal the Coercive Acts and end taxation without representation).
-This petition was rejected once Britain heard about Breed's Hill.
Appointment of Washington → - British Gen. Cornwallis waited in Yorktown for supplies and replacements.
- American Gen. Washington attacked Cornwallis and his troops by land while French Admiral De Grasse blocked their escape by sea.
- Forced Britain to begin negotiating peace with America.
Articles of Confederation → -The framework of the new government adopted in 1781.
-The new government was very weak and had trouble receiving respect from foreign governments.
-Under the Articles, the US was able to end the war and negotiate peace.