4 Written questions
3 Multiple choice questions
- - Appointed commander of the Continental Army because for his leadership skills.
- A symbol of the colonists' fight for independence.
- - Ended the Revolutionary War, granted the colonies independence, and gave them territory from Canada's southern border to Florida's northern border.
- Britain hoped to split the US from its French allies by granting the nation's wishes.
- -Met in 1775, when King George did not agree to the colonist's demands.
-The Congress drafted and signed the Declaration of Independence, which declared war and that the colonists should be free of Britain.
-The Congress appointed Washington as commander of the Continental Army and wrote the Articles of Confederation.
3 True/False questions
Battle of Yorktown → - Prevented the British from splitting New England from the rest of the colonies.
- As a result Gen. Burgoyne and his army surrendered to the Americans.
- Proved to France that America could win the war.
- British offered Americans home rule within the British Empire.
Breed's Hill → - British forces attacked the Americans.
- The British suffered more casualties then the Americans.
- The British won when the colonists were forced to retreat, due to their lack of gun powder.
- The King declared New England and eventually all of the colonies in a state of rebellion.
Olive Branch Petition → - British Gen. Cornwallis waited in Yorktown for supplies and replacements.
- American Gen. Washington attacked Cornwallis and his troops by land while French Admiral De Grasse blocked their escape by sea.
- Forced Britain to begin negotiating peace with America.