4 Written questions
3 Multiple choice questions
- -Drafted by Thomas Jefferson, edited by the Continental Congress.
-Argued that humans have natural rights, guaranteed to them at birth.
-Blamed King George for the problems leading up to the Revolution.
-Declared the United States independent from Great Britain.
- -Met in 1775, when King George did not agree to the colonist's demands.
-The Congress drafted and signed the Declaration of Independence, which declared war and that the colonists should be free of Britain.
-The Congress appointed Washington as commander of the Continental Army and wrote the Articles of Confederation.
- - Increased social equality, increased church-state separation, and elevated the status of women.
- Put an end to certain inheritance practices (primogeniture and entail) and the practice of putting a person in jail for debt.
- Reduced the qualifications for owning property, voting, and holding office.
3 True/False questions
Battle of Yorktown → - Prevented the British from splitting New England from the rest of the colonies.
- As a result Gen. Burgoyne and his army surrendered to the Americans.
- Proved to France that America could win the war.
- British offered Americans home rule within the British Empire.
Battle of Saratoga → - British Gen. Cornwallis waited in Yorktown for supplies and replacements.
- American Gen. Washington attacked Cornwallis and his troops by land while French Admiral De Grasse blocked their escape by sea.
- Forced Britain to begin negotiating peace with America.
Articles of Confederation → -The framework of the new government adopted in 1781.
-The new government was very weak and had trouble receiving respect from foreign governments.
-Under the Articles, the US was able to end the war and negotiate peace.