4 Written questions
3 Multiple choice questions
- -The framework of the new government adopted in 1781.
-The new government was very weak and had trouble receiving respect from foreign governments.
-Under the Articles, the US was able to end the war and negotiate peace.
- -Drafted by Thomas Jefferson, edited by the Continental Congress.
-Argued that humans have natural rights, guaranteed to them at birth.
-Blamed King George for the problems leading up to the Revolution.
-Declared the United States independent from Great Britain.
- - Increased social equality, increased church-state separation, and elevated the status of women.
- Put an end to certain inheritance practices (primogeniture and entail) and the practice of putting a person in jail for debt.
- Reduced the qualifications for owning property, voting, and holding office.
3 True/False questions
Second Continental Congress → - Appointed commander of the Continental Army because for his leadership skills.
- A symbol of the colonists' fight for independence.
Battle of Saratoga → - British Gen. Cornwallis waited in Yorktown for supplies and replacements.
- American Gen. Washington attacked Cornwallis and his troops by land while French Admiral De Grasse blocked their escape by sea.
- Forced Britain to begin negotiating peace with America.
Olive Branch Petition → -The colonies' final offer of peace to King George.
-Agreed to be loyal to King George if the government would address their wishes (repeal the Coercive Acts and end taxation without representation).
-This petition was rejected once Britain heard about Breed's Hill.