5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- New Freedom
- Income Tax
- a let the government take taxes on what your intake is. The more money you earn the more you must give as taxes. They started this because the tarrifs were lowered.
- b citizens can introduce laws itmade th citezens have more power
- c Roosevelt uses regulation of big business instead of breaking them apart.
- d • Wilson- didn't like monopolies. Government regulation isn't a good thing. It gives the government to much power.
- e disobediance to authority
5 Multiple choice questions
- Monitors business to make sure you are not a monopoly or using unfair trade practices. They can fine you make you change they can make you stop.
- Wrote the jungle he is a muckraker borought on the meat inspection act.
- Taxes on goods coming into the country
- Lettign women vote
5 True/False questions
Underwood tariff → reduced the average tariff to thirty percent of the value of the product
United Mine Worker's Strike → When coal miners had a strike demanding increased pay this made coal prices going up. Roosevelt said this was people pursuing their privatre intrests at the cost ofthe nation. He forced arbitration.
Referendum → Allows us to make the vote instead of the council
Mother Jones → campaingned agianst child labor. People putting their hands into machines
Carrie Chapman Catt → She became the leader of the Womens suffrage. She tried to get people in the senate who beleived in Womens rights