← History 8 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Reform in Work Place
- New Nationalism
- 16th Ammendment
- Gilford Pinchot
- a Roosevelt uses regulation of big business instead of breaking them apart.
- b Income tax 1913 specifically gave Congress the authority to levy an income tax.
- c To save the forest
- d Roosevelt- Trusts can be helpful but we need to regulate them to not let them do things unfairly. Worked for child labor laws and fixing womens labor.
- e ...
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Was president after Taft. He did not like monopolies, He bleived in cutting the tariffs. If tariffs were lowered americans would have to improve theirs
- Talked about the faked medicine
- Started by lawyer helped protect against discrimination espesially for jews
- Progressives beleived that the businesses needed to be broken up or regulated but others thought the big business was most efficient way to organize the countries economy
- Lettign women vote
5 True/False Questions
Coal strike of 1902 → Taft and roosevelt wanted the republican vote. Taft was winning so roosevelt became and individualist. Since the republicans were split up. Wilson won! the democrat.
Clayton Anti-Trust Act → You can't sell someone something for one price then sell it to another to a different person
Arbitration → is an independent third party to make the decision
W. E. B DuBois → He took pictures and wrote about how the other half lives which is about the poverty
Carrie Chapman Catt → She became the leader of the Womens suffrage. She tried to get people in the senate who beleived in Womens rights