5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Upton Sinclair
- improving the government
- Underwood tariff
- Legacy/Failings of Progressivism
- Hepburn Act
- a Wrote the jungle he is a muckraker borought on the meat inspection act.
- b Made the country expect the government to regulate the economy and social problems. Failure to adress racial and religious descrimination
- c reduced the average tariff to thirty percent of the value of the product
- d ...
- e Strengthens the railroad by regulating prices
5 Multiple choice questions
- Expands the forest conserves. Roosevelt.
- influential progressives their idea was if people knew about things some companies did people would do something.
Russel- went into meat plants and wroter about what he saw bad meat being grinded up and put into sausages.
- People had another vote to kick someone out
- Roosevelts campained as an individual creating the progressive party against Taft and the republicans
- Was president after roosevelt beleived that we had to break up the trusts completely. Hand picked by Roosevelt. Unpopular did not dothings fairly. Childrens Bureau.
5 True/False questions
Teddy Roosevelt → Was President he beleived in environmental conservation, regulating but not destroying trusts. It helped the people look to the government to solve their problems. Thought about himself as the general manager of the country.
Social Darwinism → Survival of the fittest only the best prepared will survive
Mother Jones → campaingned agianst child labor. People putting their hands into machines
W. E. B DuBois → He took pictures and wrote about how the other half lives which is about the poverty
Unfair Trade Practices → citizens can introduce laws itmade th citezens have more power