← History 8 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Jacob Riis
- Upton Sinclair
- Legacy/Failings of Progressivism
- Coal strike of 1902
- a Made the country expect the government to regulate the economy and social problems. Failure to adress racial and religious descrimination
- b People had another vote to kick someone out
- c He took pictures and wrote about how the other half lives which is about the poverty
- d people didn't have coal Roosevelt blamed this on people using theirown needs at the countries expense.
- e Wrote the jungle he is a muckraker borought on the meat inspection act.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Taxes on goods coming into the country
- You can't sell someone something for one price then sell it to another to a different person
- When coal miners had a strike demanding increased pay this made coal prices going up. Roosevelt said this was people pursuing their privatre intrests at the cost ofthe nation. He forced arbitration.
- campaingned agianst child labor. People putting their hands into machines
- National Association of the colored people goal to be able to vote not have what the constitution said they would have.
5 True/False Questions
Federal Trade Commision → Monitors business to make sure you are not a monopoly or using unfair trade practices. They can fine you make you change they can make you stop.
Social Darwinism → Survival of the fittest only the best prepared will survive
Muckraker → influential progressives their idea was if people knew about things some companies did people would do something.
Russel- went into meat plants and wroter about what he saw bad meat being grinded up and put into sausages.
Bureau of Mines → He took pictures and wrote about how the other half lives which is about the poverty
Why Progressivism → Roosevelts campained as an individual creating the progressive party against Taft and the republicans