What happens during Active Transport?
• Cell used ATP to carry things across membrane
• Requires carrier proteins
What are four types of Active Transport?
• Symport system
• Anitport System
• Primary active transport
• Secondary active transport
What are two examples of primary active transport?
• calcium hydrogen pump
• sodium potassium pump
What happens in the Symport system?
• two substances are moved across a membrane in the same direction
What happens in the Antiport system?
• two substances are moved across a membrane in opposite directions
What happens in the Primary active transport?
• Energy comes from hydrolysis of ATP
What happens during Secondary active transport?
• transport driven indirectly by energy stored in ionic gradients created by the operation of primary active transports
Types of Secondary Active Transport
What are the eight types of Vesicular Transport?
• Vesicular trafficking
• Fluid-phase endocytosis
• Receptor - mediated endocytosis
• Non-clathrin-coated vesicles
• moves things out of cell
• moves things into cell