5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What benefit did the early Egyptians derive from the protection against invasion that was afforded by them by the geography of the region?
- What factors contributed to the breakup of the Kingdom of Israel following the death of Solomon?
- What provided the basis for behavior in early societies?
- For what reasons did the Persians not participate in trade?
- For what reasons was Socrates brought to trial in ancient Athens?
- a Egyptian energy and resources were not heavily directed at war
- b They believed trade was an indecent occupation
- c He was accused of impiety and corrupting the youth of Athens
- d After he died, revolts broke out and two kingdoms broke out
- e Custom
5 Multiple choice questions
- They developed techniques to keep warm (fire and clothing), migrated to warmer climates, and died if they were unable to adapt
- Deliberate exclusion of individuality and mastery of the technical problems of clothing and human anatomy
- The use of fire
- To end blood feuds and private vengeance
- The development of agriculture
5 True/False questions
What evidence exists to suggest that among the Cro-Magnons there were people who served as rulers? → Some Cro-Magnons were buried with ivory daggers and amber beads
What groups were upset in Egypt during the Amarna period by the pharaoh's imposition of monotheism on Egyptian religion? → 20 billion years; 4.5 billion years
What types of natural phenomena serve as possible explanations for the sudden disappearance of Minoan Civilization? → The state must enforce the law
How did ruling classes justify their position and power in early societies? → By means of religion
What were the fundamental characteristics of Greek theater? → The actors were always men, there were elaborate costumes for actors, and the theaters were open air and often built on the side of a hill