5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is believed, by most historians, to have been the principal cause of the Trojan Wars?
- For what reason was the "veto" power of the tribunes in Roman government 'negative' in nature?
- What is the estimated age of the universe? The earth?
- How did ruling classes justify their position and power in early societies?
- What 'social practice' was instituted in Athens during Solon's tenure?
- a New laws could not be passed or invoked after its use and this power could only be used to prevent the enactment of laws
- b By means of religion
- c The seclusion of women in an attempt to improve Athenian morality
- d Economic rivalry
- e 20 billion years; 4.5 billion years
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Diplomacy, conquest, and marriage
- It allowed the Hittites to field twice as many troops as their foes
- The development of agriculture
- There was no large-scale fishing industry, trade between the Romans and other people beyond the peninsula would be limited in the early days of Rome's development, and there were few good harbors
- They believed trade was an indecent occupation
5 True/False Questions
What values are depicted by the characters in Homer's epics that were considered so important that the "Illiad" and the "Odyssey" became part of the curriculum in Greek schools? → The actors were always men, there were elaborate costumes for actors, and the theaters were open air and often built on the side of a hill
What consequences resulted from Egyptian rulers seeking financial aid from provincial nobles during the First Intermediate Period? → Custom
What factors contributed to the decline of the small farmer in Roman society following the Punic Wars? → After he died, revolts broke out and two kingdoms broke out
In their efforts to locate food, why was the movement of women restricted? → 20 billion years; 4.5 billion years
In what ways did humans respond to climatic changes that occurred during the Ice Age? → Supervising the business of government, collection of taxes, and supervision of farming and irrigation