5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- For what reasons would the thirty year slave rebellion in Sparta be viewed as a turning point in Spartan history?
- In Sumerian Law, what was the most frequent form of punishment for an offense?
- What consequences resulted from Egyptian rulers seeking financial aid from provincial nobles during the First Intermediate Period?
- Identify the fundamental ideas held by Plato and Aristotle as they are presented in "The Republic" and "Politics".
- What major legal principle was established through the Twelve Tables?
- a Fines
- b All free citizens had a right to the law's protection
- c The Spartans then decided that the only way to maintain power was to establish a military society
- d Plato - the state is more important than the individual; Aristotle - the viability of a government is determined by circumstance
- e Nobles received large plots of land, the power of nobles increased in local districts, the power of the Egyptian kings declined, and no strong central government
5 Multiple choice questions
- The seclusion of women in an attempt to improve Athenian morality
- It prevented the Greeks from unifying under one central government and protected them from invaders
- Economic rivalry
- There was no large-scale fishing industry, trade between the Romans and other people beyond the peninsula would be limited in the early days of Rome's development, and there were few good harbors
5 True/False questions
What were the fundamental characteristics of Greek theater? → The actors were always men, there were elaborate costumes for actors, and the theaters were open air and often built on the side of a hill
In their efforts to locate food, why was the movement of women restricted? → The requirements of childcare restricted them
For what reason was the Hittite war chariot such a formidable weapon? → It allowed the Hittites to field twice as many troops as their foes
What were the functions/responsibilities of the vizier during the Old Kingdom? → Supervising the business of government, collection of taxes, and supervision of farming and irrigation
What was the most important concept contained in the Code of Hammurabi? → 20 billion years; 4.5 billion years