5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- At what point in Greek history did the term "barbaros" develop a negative connotation?
- After 1200 B.C., merchants in the Near East no longer required the services of specially trained scribes because...
- For what reason has the Yellow River been nicknamed "China's Sorrow"?
- What evidence exists to suggest that among the Cro-Magnons there were people who served as rulers?
- What is believed, by most historians, to have been the principal cause of the Trojan Wars?
- a Economic rivalry
- b After the Persian Wars
- c The Phoenician alphabet was in use and did not take years of study to master
- d Some Cro-Magnons were buried with ivory daggers and amber beads
- e The devastating floods that occur on the river periodically
5 Multiple choice questions
- They courted the goodwill of the conquered people and they spared the lives of conquered people and left conquered cities intact
- He was accused of impiety and corrupting the youth of Athens
- After he died, revolts broke out and two kingdoms broke out
- The Greeks wanted independence and freedom from Persian hegemony
5 True/False questions
In what ways did humans respond to climatic changes that occurred during the Ice Age? → Supervising the business of government, collection of taxes, and supervision of farming and irrigation
What was the most important concept contained in the Code of Hammurabi? → 20 billion years; 4.5 billion years
For what reasons did the Persians not participate in trade? → He was accused of impiety and corrupting the youth of Athens
What is the estimated age of the universe? The earth? → The development of agriculture
What were the functions/responsibilities of the vizier during the Old Kingdom? → The actors were always men, there were elaborate costumes for actors, and the theaters were open air and often built on the side of a hill