5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- For what reasons did the Persians not participate in trade?
- In spite of fair treatment by their Persian overlords, the Ionian Greeks regularly rose up in rebellion against the Persians because...
- What factors contributed to the breakup of the Kingdom of Israel following the death of Solomon?
- What provided the basis for behavior in early societies?
- What was man's "first epic victory over nature"?
- a They believed trade was an indecent occupation
- b The Greeks wanted independence and freedom from Persian hegemony
- c Custom
- d The use of fire
- e After he died, revolts broke out and two kingdoms broke out
5 Multiple choice questions
- The military, the priests of the old religion, and the common people
- The state must enforce the law
- Diplomacy, conquest, and marriage
- The devastating floods that occur on the river periodically
- He was accused of impiety and corrupting the youth of Athens
5 True/False questions
What major legal principle was established through the Twelve Tables? → All free citizens had a right to the law's protection
What evidence exists to suggest that among the Cro-Magnons there were people who served as rulers? → Some Cro-Magnons were buried with ivory daggers and amber beads
How did ruling classes justify their position and power in early societies? → Custom
Which Hellenistic philosophy had an impact on Roman intellectuals and early Christian thinkers? → Stoicism
What major advancement in technology was made by the Neanderthals? → 20 billion years; 4.5 billion years