5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Primary Product
- Anwar Sadat
- a ninth month of the Muslim calendar marked by fasting
- b Farmers in Egypt who live in villages and work on small plots of land that they rent from landowners
- c Egyptian statesman who (as president of Egypt) negotiated a peace treaty with Menachem Begin (then prime minister of Israel) (1918-1981)
- d Raw Material, good example is Oil.
- e A worldwide movement, originating in the 19th century that sought to establish and develop a Jewish nation in Palestine. Since 1948, its function has been to support the state of Israel.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- An exchange of one benefit for another.
- Ethnic group that lives in parts of Iraq and Turkey. They often suffer persecution in both countries, and are currently under the protection of the United Nations in Iraq.
- a war fought between a coalition led by the United States and Iraq to free Kuwait from Iraqi invaders
- A country placed under control of another power by international agreement
- extremist Muslim group that insists Egypt be governed only by Islamic law
5 True/False Questions
Yom Kippur → a collective farm or settlement owned by its members in modern Israel
OPEC → Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries; international cartel that inflates price of oil by limiting supply; Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and UAE are prominent members
Haj → Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries; international cartel that inflates price of oil by limiting supply; Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and UAE are prominent members
Orthodox Jews → A country placed under control of another power by international agreement
Secular → Pilgrimage to Mecca