5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Law of Return
- Orthodox Jews
- a Farmers in Egypt who live in villages and work on small plots of land that they rent from landowners
- b A worldwide movement, originating in the 19th century that sought to establish and develop a Jewish nation in Palestine. Since 1948, its function has been to support the state of Israel.
- c strict Jews that think Jewish law should help form government policy
- d a collective farm or settlement owned by its members in modern Israel
- e 1950, says that Jews anywhere in the world can immigrate to Israel and become citizens
5 Multiple choice questions
- An Arab region that was controlled by Britain after WWI, and also the land the Jews had lived in 2,000 years earlier.
- religious practices play a less important role in their lives.
- Egyptian statesman who (as president of Egypt) negotiated a peace treaty with Menachem Begin (then prime minister of Israel) (1918-1981)
- Raw Material, good example is Oil.
- It was built in 1956 to control the flooding of the Nile River. The dam gives Egyptian farmers a more dependable source of water for their crops. It also gives Egypt electrical power.
5 True/False questions
OPEC → Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries; international cartel that inflates price of oil by limiting supply; Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and UAE are prominent members
Arab-Israeli Wars → a series of wars between 1948 and 1973 that were fought between Israel and the Arab countries of Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Jordan, and Lebanon.
Rosh Hashanah → Jewish New Year
Ramadan → ninth month of the Muslim calendar marked by fasting
Tradeoff → An exchange of one benefit for another.