5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Anwar Sadat
- Muslim Brotherhood
- Secondary Products
- a extremist Muslim group that insists Egypt be governed only by Islamic law
- b A worldwide movement, originating in the 19th century that sought to establish and develop a Jewish nation in Palestine. Since 1948, its function has been to support the state of Israel.
- c goods manufactured from primary products.
- d ninth month of the Muslim calendar marked by fasting
- e Egyptian statesman who (as president of Egypt) negotiated a peace treaty with Menachem Begin (then prime minister of Israel) (1918-1981)
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1950, says that Jews anywhere in the world can immigrate to Israel and become citizens
- Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries; international cartel that inflates price of oil by limiting supply; Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and UAE are prominent members
- Ethnic group that lives in parts of Iraq and Turkey. They often suffer persecution in both countries, and are currently under the protection of the United Nations in Iraq.
- Day of Atonement, a day for fasting and reflecting on one's sins.
- a series of wars between 1948 and 1973 that were fought between Israel and the Arab countries of Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Jordan, and Lebanon.
5 True/False questions
Secular → religious practices play a less important role in their lives.
Fellahin → ninth month of the Muslim calendar marked by fasting
Orthodox Jews → A country placed under control of another power by international agreement
Haj → Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries; international cartel that inflates price of oil by limiting supply; Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and UAE are prominent members
Persian Gulf War → It was built in 1956 to control the flooding of the Nile River. The dam gives Egyptian farmers a more dependable source of water for their crops. It also gives Egypt electrical power.