5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Gamal Abdel Nasser
- Yom Kippur
- a An exchange of one benefit for another.
- b Day of Atonement, a day for fasting and reflecting on one's sins.
- c Led a military coup in Egypt in 1952; ruled until 1970; established himself as a major Arab force in the Middle East.
- d Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries; international cartel that inflates price of oil by limiting supply; Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and UAE are prominent members
- e religious practices play a less important role in their lives.
5 Multiple choice questions
- certain products made from oil.
- strict Jews that think Jewish law should help form government policy
- Ethnic group that lives in parts of Iraq and Turkey. They often suffer persecution in both countries, and are currently under the protection of the United Nations in Iraq.
- An Arab region that was controlled by Britain after WWI, and also the land the Jews had lived in 2,000 years earlier.
- goods manufactured from primary products.
5 True/False questions
Zionism → a collective farm or settlement owned by its members in modern Israel
King Farouk → A country placed under control of another power by international agreement
Muslim Brotherhood → extremist Muslim group that insists Egypt be governed only by Islamic law
Primary Product → Raw Material, good example is Oil.
Aswan High Dam → It was built in 1956 to control the flooding of the Nile River. The dam gives Egyptian farmers a more dependable source of water for their crops. It also gives Egypt electrical power.