5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Secondary Products
- Orthodox Jews
- King Farouk
- a Egypt's last ruling king 1936-1952; shared control with Britain; son of King Faud
- b A country placed under control of another power by international agreement
- c goods manufactured from primary products.
- d a collective farm or settlement owned by its members in modern Israel
- e strict Jews that think Jewish law should help form government policy
5 Multiple choice questions
- A worldwide movement, originating in the 19th century that sought to establish and develop a Jewish nation in Palestine. Since 1948, its function has been to support the state of Israel.
- An Arab region that was controlled by Britain after WWI, and also the land the Jews had lived in 2,000 years earlier.
- Jewish New Year
- Ethnic group that lives in parts of Iraq and Turkey. They often suffer persecution in both countries, and are currently under the protection of the United Nations in Iraq.
- Farmers in Egypt who live in villages and work on small plots of land that they rent from landowners
5 True/False questions
Gamal Abdel Nasser → Led a military coup in Egypt in 1952; ruled until 1970; established himself as a major Arab force in the Middle East.
Primary Product → goods manufactured from primary products.
Secular → Ethnic group that lives in parts of Iraq and Turkey. They often suffer persecution in both countries, and are currently under the protection of the United Nations in Iraq.
Muslim Brotherhood → extremist Muslim group that insists Egypt be governed only by Islamic law
Anwar Sadat → ninth month of the Muslim calendar marked by fasting