5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Rosh Hashanah
- Secondary Products
- Yom Kippur
- Persian Gulf War
- a a war fought between a coalition led by the United States and Iraq to free Kuwait from Iraqi invaders
- b Jewish New Year
- c goods manufactured from primary products.
- d Day of Atonement, a day for fasting and reflecting on one's sins.
- e Ethnic group that lives in parts of Iraq and Turkey. They often suffer persecution in both countries, and are currently under the protection of the United Nations in Iraq.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Egypt's last ruling king 1936-1952; shared control with Britain; son of King Faud
- An Arab region that was controlled by Britain after WWI, and also the land the Jews had lived in 2,000 years earlier.
- Raw Material, good example is Oil.
- Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries; international cartel that inflates price of oil by limiting supply; Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and UAE are prominent members
- extremist Muslim group that insists Egypt be governed only by Islamic law
5 True/False questions
Orthodox Jews → strict Jews that think Jewish law should help form government policy
Petrochemicals → Farmers in Egypt who live in villages and work on small plots of land that they rent from landowners
Zionism → A worldwide movement, originating in the 19th century that sought to establish and develop a Jewish nation in Palestine. Since 1948, its function has been to support the state of Israel.
Arab-Israeli Wars → a war fought between a coalition led by the United States and Iraq to free Kuwait from Iraqi invaders
Secular → Pilgrimage to Mecca