5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Yom Kippur
- Muslim Brotherhood
- Primary Product
- a extremist Muslim group that insists Egypt be governed only by Islamic law
- b Raw Material, good example is Oil.
- c An exchange of one benefit for another.
- d Ethnic group that lives in parts of Iraq and Turkey. They often suffer persecution in both countries, and are currently under the protection of the United Nations in Iraq.
- e Day of Atonement, a day for fasting and reflecting on one's sins.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- strict Jews that think Jewish law should help form government policy
- An Arab region that was controlled by Britain after WWI, and also the land the Jews had lived in 2,000 years earlier.
- Egypt's last ruling king 1936-1952; shared control with Britain; son of King Faud
- certain products made from oil.
- Led a military coup in Egypt in 1952; ruled until 1970; established himself as a major Arab force in the Middle East.
5 True/False Questions
Law of Return → 1950, says that Jews anywhere in the world can immigrate to Israel and become citizens
Secular → religious practices play a less important role in their lives.
Arab-Israeli Wars → a war fought between a coalition led by the United States and Iraq to free Kuwait from Iraqi invaders
Aswan High Dam → Egyptian statesman who (as president of Egypt) negotiated a peace treaty with Menachem Begin (then prime minister of Israel) (1918-1981)
OPEC → Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries; international cartel that inflates price of oil by limiting supply; Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and UAE are prominent members