5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Law of Return
- Orthodox Jews
- Muslim Brotherhood
- Aswan High Dam
- a extremist Muslim group that insists Egypt be governed only by Islamic law
- b 1950, says that Jews anywhere in the world can immigrate to Israel and become citizens
- c Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries; international cartel that inflates price of oil by limiting supply; Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and UAE are prominent members
- d It was built in 1956 to control the flooding of the Nile River. The dam gives Egyptian farmers a more dependable source of water for their crops. It also gives Egypt electrical power.
- e strict Jews that think Jewish law should help form government policy
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Day of Atonement, a day for fasting and reflecting on one's sins.
- An Arab region that was controlled by Britain after WWI, and also the land the Jews had lived in 2,000 years earlier.
- certain products made from oil.
- a collective farm or settlement owned by its members in modern Israel
- Pilgrimage to Mecca
5 True/False Questions
Secular → Ethnic group that lives in parts of Iraq and Turkey. They often suffer persecution in both countries, and are currently under the protection of the United Nations in Iraq.
Primary Product → Raw Material, good example is Oil.
Secondary Products → Raw Material, good example is Oil.
Rosh Hashanah → ninth month of the Muslim calendar marked by fasting
Anwar Sadat → ninth month of the Muslim calendar marked by fasting