← TUBERCULOSIS Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 50% chance of contracting TB if:
- The droplet nuclei enters?
- Diagnostic Testing for TB?
- In a healthy person what induration measurement is considered postive?
- Where are macrophages located?
- a in contact with active TB for 8hrs/day for 6mos or 24hrs/day for 2 months
- b in alveoli
- c >10mm
- d mouth/nasal passages/upper respiratory tract/lower tract (alveolar macrophages take in the organism)/which then spreads to other parts of the body
- e Skin Test;
Chest X-Ray (not conclusive);
AFB smear (Acid Fast Bacillis);
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 3 consecutive days
- 2-12 weeks
- (Directly Observed Therapy)
when the clients medication administration is observed daily by health care perfessional
5 True/False Questions
What type of light destroys airborne TB bacilli? → 10%
How many worldwide estimated cases is Latent TB? → Asia, Africa, Carribean, Latin America
What are some possible causes of a negative TB result ? → 10%
What countries have most risk for TB? → Asia, Africa, Carribean, Latin America
What is measured after the 48 to 72 hour period? → only induration (palpable)