ST 110 WEEK 4 VOCAB
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Band of epidermis at the base and sides of the nail plate.
- b Oily substance secreted by sebaceous glands.
- c Timy opening on the surface of the skin.
- d The half-moon-shaped, whitish area at the base of a nail
- e Soft tissue surrounding the nail border.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A layer (of cells)
- Major skin pigment. It is formed by melanocytes in the epidermis.
- Person with skin dificient in pigment (melanin).
- Hard protein material found in the epidermis , hair, and nails.
- Oil-Secreting gland in the dermis that is associated with hair follicles.
5 True/False Questions
EPITHELIUM → Layer of skin cells forming the outer and inner surfaces of the body.
EPIDERMIS → Outter most layer of the skin.
STATUM CORNEUM → Outermost layer of the depdermis, which consists of flattened, keratinized cells.
SQUAMOUS EPITHELIUM → Flat, scale-like cells composing the epidermis.
SYSTEM → Oily substance secreted by sebaceous glands.