5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A consumer that eats both plants and animals.
- b An extremely cold, dry biome.
- c Rain, snow, sleet, or hail.
- d An area that receives less than 25 centimeters of precipitation per year.
- e The process by which molecules of liquid absorb energy and change to a gas.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A layer of shorter plants that grow in the shade of a forest canopy.
- A tree that sheds its leaves and grows new ones each year.
- The study of where organisms live.
- A carnivore that feeds on the bodies of dead organisms.
- The pattern of overlapping food chains in an ecosystem.
5 True/False questions
Canopy → A leafy roof formed by tall trees.
Herbivore → A consumer that eats only animals.
Food Chain → A series of events in which one organism eats another and obtains energy.
Permafrost → Soil that is frozen all year.
Continental Drift → The very slow motion of the continents.