← edgar Allan Poe Test
edgar Allan Poe
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a a cask used for wine
- b punishment, the reward of revenge
- c knee length cloak worn in the 18th/19th centuries
- d adorned with wire of gold, silver, or another metal that's twisted to form a pattern resembling lace.
- e London born American painter of elegant portraits.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- small tower built into a wall of a castle or another edifice, such as mansion. cone shaped roof.
- no compensation, no relief from a wrong
- English author of Gothic romance novels with scenes that often take place in gloomy castles.
- painted portrait or photograph without a border. outer parts of the image gradually fade into the background.
- inclined or accustomed
5 True/False Questions
rheum → a watery discharge from eyes
scone → wall bracket, candlestick, a group of candlesticks
gilded → a cask used for wine
gemmary → a watery discharge from eyes
immolation → punishment, the reward of revenge