5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the CIGS?
- What is best for society according to individualism?
- What are the two ways that property rights can be violated?
- What does a political system shape in a country?
- What is a democracy?
- a political system in which government is by the people, exercised either directly or though elected representatives
- b 1. private action
2. public action
- c individual freedom and self expression and that society welfare is best served by letting people pursue their own economic self-intrest
- d United Convention on Contracts for the International sale of Goods is a set rules governing certain aspects of the making and performance of commercial contracts between sellers and buyers who have their places of business in different nations
- e it shapes the country's economic and legal systems
5 Multiple choice questions
- Form of government in which one person or political party exercises absolute control over all spheres of human life and prohibits opposing political parties
- a U.S. law regulating behavior regarding the conduct of international business in the taking of bribes and other unethical actions (OCED and the Convention on Combating Bribery of Foreign Public Officials in International Business Transactions)
- 1. Geography; land-lock areas and tropical regions grow more slowly
2. Education is crucial for development
- a political philosophy advocating substantial public involvement, through government ownership, in the means of production and distribution; it would benefit society as a whole
- 1. the increasing spread of democracy
2. New world order and terrorism
3.the spread of market based systems
5 True/False questions
What is right wing totalitarianism? → a political system in which political power is monopolized by a party, group, or individual that gernerally permits individual economic freedom but restricts individual political freedom, including free speech, frequently on grounds that it would lead to the rise of communism.
What is a legal system? → a system of rules that regulate behavior and the process by which the laws are enforced and through which the redress of grievance is obtained
What is gross national income? → the yardstick for measuring economic activity of a country; it measures the total annual income received by a nations residents
What a communist totalitarianism? → a version of collectivism advocating that socialism can achieved only through a totalitarian dictatorship
What is private action? → the extortion of income or resources of property holders by public officials such as politicians and government bureaucrats