5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- pressure ulcer (decub)
- a localized collection of pus
- b the invasion of pathogens in body tissue.
- c invasion into the skin and hair by lice
- d eroded sore on the skin caused by prolonged pressure (bed sore)
- e fungal infection of the skin
5 Multiple choice questions
- a pinpoint skin hemorrhage
- a herpes-type virus that usually causes disease when the immune system is compromised
- infections occurring on the skin or mucous membranes in the warm, moist areas such as the vagina or the mouth
- a disease characterized by chronic hardening (induration) of the connective tissue of the skin and other body organs
- Form of skin cancer frequently seen in acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) patients. Consists of brownish-purple papules that spread from the skin and metastasize to internal organs.
5 True/False questions
systemic lupus erythematosus → a chronic inflammatory disease involving the skin, joints, kidneys, and nervous system
pruritus → organism that feeds by absorbing organic molecules from its surrounding and may cause infection by invading body tissue
contusion → scraping away skin by mechanical process or injury
ecchymosis (pl.ecchymoses) → a pinpoint skin hemorrhage
impetigo → the invasion of pathogens in body tissue.