← English Vocab 1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a person who acts as a go-between, especially to settle differences
- b an extreme edge of land before a steep or vertical slope/border; Nonstop arguing could bring a couple to the brink of breaking up.
- c dangerously high or steep; You could hurt yourself badly if you fell off a precipitous cliff.
- d insert between two other things
- e question formally
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- within an institution
- quiet and soft - to make quiet - someone who is unable to speak; If you put a muzzle over a dog's mouth its bark is muted.
- withing or into a vein
- distribute or spread over a wide area; In fall the fluffy seeds of milkweed pod disperse in the wind
- the study of historical records to establish the dates of past events; A chronology of your life lists the main events in the order of occurrence. - like a timeline
5 True/False Questions
Subtle → quiet and soft - to make quiet - someone who is unable to speak; If you put a muzzle over a dog's mouth its bark is muted.
Interlaced → back-and-forth action; action and reaction
Intercom → lacing together; intermixed
Intrastate → within a single state
Conscientiously → wishing to do what is right especially to do one's work or duty well and thoroughly; Employees who do their work conscientiously are efficient and well-respected