5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a an extreme edge of land before a steep or vertical slope/border; Nonstop arguing could bring a couple to the brink of breaking up.
- b withing or into a vein
- c quiet and soft - to make quiet - someone who is unable to speak; If you put a muzzle over a dog's mouth its bark is muted.
- d insert between two other things
- e distribute or spread over a wide area; In fall the fluffy seeds of milkweed pod disperse in the wind
5 Multiple choice questions
- having or showing zeal - eagerness, excitement; When the preacher spoke zealously about her faith, she inspired her listeners.
- dangerously high or steep; You could hurt yourself badly if you fell off a precipitous cliff.
- so delicate or precise as to be difficult to analyze or describe; Pale pink is a subtle color, bright orange is not.
- within an institution
- within a single state
5 True/False questions
Interplay → insert between two other things
Intercom → device for communicating between rooms
Permeate → Spread throughout (something) - pervade; When you peel an orange, it cent will quickly permeate the room.
Interlaced → lacing together; intermixed
Chronology → the study of historical records to establish the dates of past events; A chronology of your life lists the main events in the order of occurrence. - like a timeline