5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a back-and-forth action; action and reaction
- b quiet and soft - to make quiet - someone who is unable to speak; If you put a muzzle over a dog's mouth its bark is muted.
- c lacing together; intermixed
- d the study of historical records to establish the dates of past events; A chronology of your life lists the main events in the order of occurrence. - like a timeline
- e within an institution
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- dangerously high or steep; You could hurt yourself badly if you fell off a precipitous cliff.
- having or showing zeal - eagerness, excitement; When the preacher spoke zealously about her faith, she inspired her listeners.
- so delicate or precise as to be difficult to analyze or describe; Pale pink is a subtle color, bright orange is not.
- stopping and starting at intervals
- device for communicating between rooms
5 True/False Questions
Brink → an extreme edge of land before a steep or vertical slope/border; Nonstop arguing could bring a couple to the brink of breaking up.
Permeate → question formally
Intermediary → person who acts as a go-between, especially to settle differences
Intrastate → question formally
Intravenous → within a single state