← English Vocab 1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Spread throughout (something) - pervade; When you peel an orange, it cent will quickly permeate the room.
- b stopping and starting at intervals
- c distribute or spread over a wide area; In fall the fluffy seeds of milkweed pod disperse in the wind
- d back-and-forth action; action and reaction
- e question formally
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- lacing together; intermixed
- the study of historical records to establish the dates of past events; A chronology of your life lists the main events in the order of occurrence. - like a timeline
- so delicate or precise as to be difficult to analyze or describe; Pale pink is a subtle color, bright orange is not.
- quiet and soft - to make quiet - someone who is unable to speak; If you put a muzzle over a dog's mouth its bark is muted.
- an extreme edge of land before a steep or vertical slope/border; Nonstop arguing could bring a couple to the brink of breaking up.
5 True/False Questions
Zealously → back-and-forth action; action and reaction
Intramural → within an institution
Intravenous → withing or into a vein
Intercom → device for communicating between rooms
Interject → insert between two other things