5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Jesus Christ
- Anglican Church
- Henry VIII
- a Also known as the Church of England.
- b A person who speaks out against official Church teachings.
- c Religious order devoted to teaching, converting, and defending the Catholic faith.
- d Figure considered savior and salvation of Christians.
- e English King who broke away from Pope in order to divorce his wife Catherine of Aragon.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A series of formal statements critical of the Catholic Church.
A Catholic monk whose writings sparked the Reformation.
- Agreement that allowed Holy Roman Princes to adopt Protestantism.
- A term applied to Christian who belonged to non-Catholic churches.
- Peasants legally tied to the land of feudal lords.
5 True/False Questions
Council of Trent → A series of meetings between Catholic Bishops and Cardinals that set several Catholic doctrines.
Ignatius of Loyola → Founder of the Jesuit order.
Charles V → Holy Roman Emperor; also King of Spain in 16th c.
Edict of Worms → Agreement that allowed Holy Roman Princes to adopt Protestantism.
John Calvin → A movement for religious reform.