← The Reformation Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- St. Peters Basilica
- John Calvin
- Anglican Church
- Henry VIII
- a English King who broke away from Pope in order to divorce his wife Catherine of Aragon.
- b Massive Church built by the Holy See.
- c A Protestant leader who called for strict rules and a theocratic government.
- d Also known as the Church of England.
- e A person who speaks out against official Church teachings.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A series of meetings between Catholic Bishops and Cardinals that set several Catholic doctrines.
- Figure considered savior and salvation of Christians.
- Religious order devoted to teaching, converting, and defending the Catholic faith.
- A term applied to Christian who belonged to non-Catholic churches.
- A movement for religious reform.
5 True/False Questions
Indulgence → Holy Roman Emperor; also King of Spain in 16th c.
Pope Leo X → Head of Catholic Church. Lived from 1475 to 1521.
Ignatius of Loyola → Proclamation by Charles V punishing Martin Luther.
95 Theses → Peasants legally tied to the land of feudal lords.
Large Hadron Collider → Particle Accelerator constructed beneath Geneva.