5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Pope Leo X
- Council of Trent
- Henry VIII
- a English King who broke away from Pope in order to divorce his wife Catherine of Aragon.
- b Religious order devoted to teaching, converting, and defending the Catholic faith.
- c Head of Catholic Church. Lived from 1475 to 1521.
- d A movement for religious reform.
- e A series of meetings between Catholic Bishops and Cardinals that set several Catholic doctrines.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Massive Church built by the Holy See.
- Holy Roman Emperor; also King of Spain in 16th c.
- A series of formal statements critical of the Catholic Church.
- A person who speaks out against official Church teachings.
- Also known as the Church of England.
5 True/False Questions
Jesus Christ → Figure considered savior and salvation of Christians.
Serfs → A person who speaks out against official Church teachings.
John Calvin → Head of Catholic Church. Lived from 1475 to 1521.
Large Hadron Collider →
A Catholic monk whose writings sparked the Reformation.
Edict of Worms → Proclamation by Charles V punishing Martin Luther.