5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Peace of Ausburg
- Council of Trent
- Martin Luther
- a A way to remove sin by paying the Catholic church money
- b A series of meetings between Catholic Bishops and Cardinals that set several Catholic doctrines.
A Catholic monk whose writings sparked the Reformation.
- d Religious order devoted to teaching, converting, and defending the Catholic faith.
- e Agreement that allowed Holy Roman Princes to adopt Protestantism.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Head of Catholic Church. Lived from 1475 to 1521.
- Peasants legally tied to the land of feudal lords.
- Massive Church built by the Holy See.
- A Protestant leader who called for strict rules and a theocratic government.
- Founder of the Jesuit order.
5 True/False questions
Heretic → Peasants legally tied to the land of feudal lords.
95 Theses → A series of formal statements critical of the Catholic Church.
Charles V → Holy Roman Emperor; also King of Spain in 16th c.
Protestant → A term applied to Christian who belonged to non-Catholic churches.
Jesus Christ → Religious order devoted to teaching, converting, and defending the Catholic faith.