5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Charles V
- Edict of Worms
- Jesus Christ
- Ignatius of Loyola
- a Religious order devoted to teaching, converting, and defending the Catholic faith.
- b Holy Roman Emperor; also King of Spain in 16th c.
- c Figure considered savior and salvation of Christians.
- d Proclamation by Charles V punishing Martin Luther.
- e Founder of the Jesuit order.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A series of formal statements critical of the Catholic Church.
- Agreement that allowed Holy Roman Princes to adopt Protestantism.
- Also known as the Church of England.
- A Protestant leader who called for strict rules and a theocratic government.
- A term applied to Christian who belonged to non-Catholic churches.
5 True/False questions
Pope Leo X → Head of Catholic Church. Lived from 1475 to 1521.
Indulgence → A way to remove sin by paying the Catholic church money
Henry VIII → A person who speaks out against official Church teachings.
Serfs → Religious order devoted to teaching, converting, and defending the Catholic faith.
St. Peters Basilica → Massive Church built by the Holy See.