5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Nucleoside analogue, use with peginterferon. This drug blunts viral replication. HCV use.
- affect viral replication, indicated for Hep B,C,D, can give IV, IM, or SC. Flu-like side effects.
- Headache, nausea, vomitting, diarrhea, rash, fever, fatigue, lethargy.
- Guanosine nucleoside analog. More potent than Lamivudine and adefovir. HBV use. Can elevate LFTs.
- Reverse transcriptase inhibitor, chronic HBV
4 True/False questions
Adefovir (Hepsera) → Nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitor useful in HBV patients that have developed resistance to lamivudine.
Goal of hepatitis treatment → Treat and suppress viral replication before liver damage is extensive
hepatitis a vaccine → indicated for age 1yr or older with risk factors
Successful HBV treatment → can use immunoglobulin if known to be within 2 weeks of exposure