5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Treat and suppress viral replication before liver damage is extensive
- Reverse transcriptase inhibitor, chronic HBV
- Nucleoside analogue, use with peginterferon. This drug blunts viral replication. HCV use.
- loss of HBeAg status and seroconversion to anti-HBeAg. NO CURE FOR HBV.
- affect viral replication, indicated for Hep B,C,D, can give IV, IM, or SC. Flu-like side effects.
4 True/False questions
Combination therapy → HBV specific, drug resistance common, can elevate cpk and cause lactic acidosis.
PEGinterferon → Polyethylene glycol preparation of interferon that slows the rate of absorption, making treatment more effective, side effects lessened, once weekly administration.
hepatitis a vaccine → can use immunoglobulin if known to be within 2 weeks of exposure
Entecavir (Baraclude) → Guanosine nucleoside analog. More potent than Lamivudine and adefovir. HBV use. Can elevate LFTs.