5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Nucleoside analogue, use with peginterferon. This drug blunts viral replication. HCV use.
- Reverse transcriptase inhibitor, HBV, patients can become resistant to this treatment. Highest in safety and patient tolerance.
- Reverse transcriptase inhibitor, chronic HBV
- loss of HBeAg status and seroconversion to anti-HBeAg. NO CURE FOR HBV.
- Nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitor useful in HBV patients that have developed resistance to lamivudine.
4 True/False Questions
Telbivudine (Tyzeka) → HBV specific, drug resistance common, can elevate cpk and cause lactic acidosis.
Goal of hepatitis treatment → Treat and suppress viral replication before liver damage is extensive
hepatitis a vaccine → can use immunoglobulin if known to be within 2 weeks of exposure
Alpha-Interferons → Polyethylene glycol preparation of interferon that slows the rate of absorption, making treatment more effective, side effects lessened, once weekly administration.