5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- affect viral replication, indicated for Hep B,C,D, can give IV, IM, or SC. Flu-like side effects.
- Reverse transcriptase inhibitor, chronic HBV
- Treat and suppress viral replication before liver damage is extensive
- Shown to decrease drug resistance but not to be more effective in treatment.
- loss of HBeAg status and seroconversion to anti-HBeAg. NO CURE FOR HBV.
4 True/False Questions
Entecavir (Baraclude) → Guanosine nucleoside analog. More potent than Lamivudine and adefovir. HBV use. Can elevate LFTs.
Ribavirin (Copegus, Rebetol) → Nucleoside analogue, use with peginterferon. This drug blunts viral replication. HCV use.
Lamivudine (Epvir) → Reverse transcriptase inhibitor, HBV, patients can become resistant to this treatment. Highest in safety and patient tolerance.
Adefovir (Hepsera) → Reverse transcriptase inhibitor, chronic HBV