5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Polyethylene glycol preparation of interferon that slows the rate of absorption, making treatment more effective, side effects lessened, once weekly administration.
- Treat and suppress viral replication before liver damage is extensive
- loss of HBeAg status and seroconversion to anti-HBeAg. NO CURE FOR HBV.
- Reverse transcriptase inhibitor, chronic HBV
- Headache, nausea, vomitting, diarrhea, rash, fever, fatigue, lethargy.
4 True/False questions
Entecavir (Baraclude) → Guanosine nucleoside analog. More potent than Lamivudine and adefovir. HBV use. Can elevate LFTs.
Adefovir (Hepsera) → Reverse transcriptase inhibitor, chronic HBV
Ribavirin (Copegus, Rebetol) → Nucleoside analogue, use with peginterferon. This drug blunts viral replication. HCV use.
Combination therapy → Shown to decrease drug resistance but not to be more effective in treatment.