5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Reverse transcriptase inhibitor, chronic HBV
- HBV specific, drug resistance common, can elevate cpk and cause lactic acidosis.
- indicated for age 1yr or older with risk factors
- Guanosine nucleoside analog. More potent than Lamivudine and adefovir. HBV use. Can elevate LFTs.
- Shown to decrease drug resistance but not to be more effective in treatment.
4 True/False questions
Adefovir (Hepsera) → Reverse transcriptase inhibitor, chronic HBV
Goal of hepatitis treatment → Treat and suppress viral replication before liver damage is extensive
Common side effects of antivirals → Headache, nausea, vomitting, diarrhea, rash, fever, fatigue, lethargy.
Ribavirin (Copegus, Rebetol) → Nucleoside analogue, use with peginterferon. This drug blunts viral replication. HCV use.