← history vocab Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- anaconda plan
- martial law
- 13th amendment
- a rule by military giving authority over civilians
- b part of the government that passes laws
- c no slavery or involuntary service shall exsist within the u.s
- d the system when every time a new governor was elected state workers lost their jobs.
- e to take the mississippi and take the confederacy
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a series of laws passed by the legislature after the civil war that restricted the freedmans actions, movement, and conduct
- commander of the confederate forces
- laws that propose rigid segregation
- having authority over an area or subject
- prohibits state and federal government from denying the right to vote to any male citizens because of race or color
5 True/False Questions
tenure of office act → requires the senate to approve the presidents removal of any government official whose appointment required senate approval
reapportionment → revising the district lines based on the new population number
14th amendment → all persons born or neutralized in the u.s. and the state were they reside are citizens of the u.s.
amnesty → a general pardon; exspecialy political offenders
subpoena → the system when every time a new governor was elected state workers lost their jobs.