5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Prime mover
- Anatomical term: Oblique
- a Spindle shaped
- b One muscle that plays the major role in accomplishing a desired movement.
- c Common name: Angle
- d A muscle that accomplishes a certain movement, such as flexation.
- e Muscles that hold one bone in place relative to the body while a more distal bone is moved.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Many origins.
- Movement accomplished when the muscle contracts.
- Common name: Chest
- Members of a group of muscles working together to produce a movement.
- Common Name: Chewer
5 True/False questions
Multipennate → Fasciculi arranged at many places around a central tendon.
Pennate/bipennate → All fasiculi on one side of the tendon.
Second class lever → Effort is between resistance and fulcrum.
Ex: person using shovel
Origin → Fixed ends of bone. The attachment point of a muscle; usually stationary and at the proximal end of the muscle.
Insertion → Distal end of the muscle attached to the bone undergoinf the greatest movement.