5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- gold, God, glory
- dissolved Parliament when they refused $; Petition of Right signed but ignored; dissolved Parliament; wanted same religion for England; Civil War between Royalists/Cavaliers (Charles's supporters) and Roundheads (Puritan supporters); put on public trial and execution
- Peter I; Czar of Russia; part of Romanov dynasty; reduced power of wealthy land owners and gave more power to low-ranking people; enforced a beard tax; made heavy taxes for his army; westernized Russia
- conquered Ceuta in North Africa; founded navigation school in Portugal
- fought for freedom of speech and religion
- a What occurred during Charles I's reign of England?
- b What were the main ideas of Voltaire?
- c What were Prince *HENRY's contributions to Portugal?
- d What are the three factors that encouraged exploration?
- e Who was "Peter the Great"?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What wars did Louis XIV involve in?
- What were the main ideas of Montesquieu?
- What is the order of power within Japanese feudalism?
- What was the Edict of Nantes?
- What were the main ideas of Beccaria?
5 True/False Questions
Unified Japan; sole ruler (shogon); moved capital to Edo (later Tokyo); "tamed" the daimyo"; founded "Tokugawa Shogunate" = stability in Japan → What are the achievements of Tokugawa Ieyasu?
Nicolaus Copernicus; sun-centered theory → Who developed the heliocentric theory, and what was it?
Glorious Revolution!; recognized Parliament as partner in gov.; constitutional monarchy; Bill of Rights limits royal power; cabinet developed → What were the results of the 1787 Constitutional Convention?
James I --> Charles I --> Oliver Cromwell --> Charles II --> James II --> William and Mary → What is the order of the English Monarchy in the 17th century?
asked by newly formed Parliament to rule; restored monarchy = Restoration; Parliament passed habeas corpus → What occurred during Charles II's reign of England?