5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- treaty between Spain and Portugal, agreed to imaginary line dividing Spanish and Portuguese land
- Nicolaus Copernicus; sun-centered theory
- offended by appointing Catholics to high office; dissolved Parliament; daughter Mary (married to Protestant William of Orange) asked to overthrow him = Glorious Revolution
- Unified Japan; sole ruler (shogon); moved capital to Edo (later Tokyo); "tamed" the daimyo"; founded "Tokugawa Shogunate" = stability in Japan
- ended war between France and Spanish Netherlands (France gained region and several towns)
- a What occurred during James II's reign of England?
- b What was the Treaty of Nijmegen?
- c Who developed the heliocentric theory, and what was it?
- d What was the purpose of the Treaty of Tordesillas?
- e What are the achievements of Tokugawa Ieyasu?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who was the famous queen of Austria during the 17th century?
- What was the culture under the Tokugawa Shogunate?
- What happened to Galileo when he contradicted the church?
- Who was the great admiral for the Chinese during their exploration?
- What is the order of dynastic rule in China from 1300s to 1700s?
5 True/False questions
James I --> Charles I --> Oliver Cromwell --> Charles II --> James II --> William and Mary → What is the order of the English Monarchy in the 17th century?
Colonists upset with: navigation acts, stamp acts, boston tea party, british occupy of Boston; colonists feel less identity with Britain than with colony → Why were Zheng He's voyages stopped?
laws limit a ruler's power → What is a constitutional monarchy?
Portugal, Spain, Dutch, English, French → What are the three factors that encouraged exploration?
French "philosopher"; wrote on reason, nature, happiness, progress, liberty → What was a "Philosophe"?