5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- light/dark contrast; sensual
- speedy trial; laws for order (not revenge!); against cruel punishment; degree of punishment depends on crime
- New constitution ratified: federal system of gov; bill of rights
- dissolved Parliament when they refused $; Petition of Right signed but ignored; dissolved Parliament; wanted same religion for England; Civil War between Royalists/Cavaliers (Charles's supporters) and Roundheads (Puritan supporters); put on public trial and execution
- conquered Ceuta in North Africa; founded navigation school in Portugal
- a Baroque art and literature during the Enlightenment
- b What occurred during Charles I's reign of England?
- c What were the results of the 1787 Constitutional Convention?
- d What were Prince *HENRY's contributions to Portugal?
- e What were the main ideas of Beccaria?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What was the Treaty of Nijmegen?
- Who was Francis Bacon?
- Who developed the heliocentric theory, and what was it?
- What is the lineage of the Bourbon Dynasty?
- What occurred during Oliver Cromwell's reign of England?
5 True/False questions
trial before Inquisition; church threatens torture = agrees his findings are false; house arrest until death → What happened to Galileo when he contradicted the church?
invaded Spanish Netherlands (gained 12 towns); invaded Dutch Netherlands (gained several towns and region); War of the Spanish Succession (Bourbon dynasty power increases to Spain; other countries feel threatened)
* → What was the Treaty of Nijmegen?
Yuan --> Ming --> Qing → What were the reasons in revising the Articles of Confederation?
asked by newly formed Parliament to rule; restored monarchy = Restoration; Parliament passed habeas corpus → What occurred during Charles II's reign of England?
Hongwu → Who became the first Ming emperor?