5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- laws limit a ruler's power
- conquered Ceuta in North Africa; founded navigation school in Portugal
- treaty between Spain and Portugal, agreed to imaginary line dividing Spanish and Portuguese land
- kabuki theater (skits about modern urban life); paintings = woodblock prints (show city life); stories of self-made merchants/hardships of life; haiku poetry (images, not ideas)
- Unified Japan; sole ruler (shogon); moved capital to Edo (later Tokyo); "tamed" the daimyo"; founded "Tokugawa Shogunate" = stability in Japan
- a What is a constitutional monarchy?
- b What are the achievements of Tokugawa Ieyasu?
- c What was the culture under the Tokugawa Shogunate?
- d What was the purpose of the Treaty of Tordesillas?
- e What were Prince *HENRY's contributions to Portugal?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What is the lineage of the Bourbon Dynasty?
- Family rule in Central Europe -- what countries did they rule, family name
- What was Japanese policy toward European contact?
- What occurred during William and Mary's reign of England?
- What was a "Philosophe"?
5 True/False questions
women need edu. to become useful (doctors, politics, edu=better moms) → What were the main ideas of Montesquieu?
(not a monarch)
abolished monarchy and House of Lords; constitution drafted then destroyed = military dictator; crushed Ireland rebellion; promoted Puritan morality and abolished "sinful activities"; welcomed all regions (Jews!) except Catholics → What occurred during Oliver Cromwell's reign of England?
New constitution ratified: federal system of gov; bill of rights → What were the results of the 1787 Constitutional Convention?
Czar of Russia; created a secret police force (search for wife's "murderer") to kill nobles; took land from boyars (nobles) and gave to people he favored → What did Newton discover?
Yuan --> Ming --> Qing → What were the reasons in revising the Articles of Confederation?