5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- women need edu. to become useful (doctors, politics, edu=better moms)
- Czar of Russia; created a secret police force (search for wife's "murderer") to kill nobles; took land from boyars (nobles) and gave to people he favored
- Colonists upset with: navigation acts, stamp acts, boston tea party, british occupy of Boston; colonists feel less identity with Britain than with colony
- a What events lead up to the American Revolution?
- b Characteristics of the Enlightened Despots
- c Who was "Ivan the Terrible"?
- d After Oliver Cromwell died, Charles II became king and restored the monarchy. What period is this known as?
- e What were the main ideas of Mary Wollstonecraft?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Who did the Qing make a vassal state to China?
- Family rule in Central Europe -- what countries did they rule, family name
- What was the role of Cardinals during King Louis XIV's rule?
- What was a "Philosophe"?
- What happened to Galileo when he contradicted the church?
5 True/False Questions
offended by appointing Catholics to high office; dissolved Parliament; daughter Mary (married to Protestant William of Orange) asked to overthrow him = Glorious Revolution → What did Newton discover?
gov. should have separation of powers → What were the reasons in revising the Articles of Confederation?
??????? → Who controlled early trade in the Mediterranean after the crusades?
Brahe's assistant; demonstrated Brahe's data through mathematics that planets revolve around sun → Who was Johannes Kepler?
Peter I; Czar of Russia; part of Romanov dynasty; reduced power of wealthy land owners and gave more power to low-ranking people; enforced a beard tax; made heavy taxes for his army; westernized Russia → What did Newton discover?