5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- developed experimental method
- linked algebra and geometry; everything doubted until proved by reason (helped advance scientific method)
- James I --> Charles I --> Oliver Cromwell --> Charles II --> James II --> William and Mary
- gov. corrupted people's natural goodness; only good gov=formed by people and guided by will of society
- a What were the main ideas of Rousseau?
- b Who was Francis Bacon?
- c Who controlled early trade in the Mediterranean after the crusades?
- d What is the order of the English Monarchy in the 17th century?
- e Who was Rene Descartes?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Family rule in Central Europe -- what countries did they rule, family name
- How did Louis XIV control his nobility?
- Baroque art and literature during the Enlightenment
- What occurred during Oliver Cromwell's reign of England?
- Who was Johannes Kepler?
5 True/False Questions
kabuki theater (skits about modern urban life); paintings = woodblock prints (show city life); stories of self-made merchants/hardships of life; haiku poetry (images, not ideas) → What did Newton discover?
invaded Spanish Netherlands (gained 12 towns); invaded Dutch Netherlands (gained several towns and region); War of the Spanish Succession (Bourbon dynasty power increases to Spain; other countries feel threatened)
* → What was the Treaty of Nijmegen?
Glorious Revolution!; recognized Parliament as partner in gov.; constitutional monarchy; Bill of Rights limits royal power; cabinet developed → What were the results of the 1787 Constitutional Convention?
Peter I; Czar of Russia; part of Romanov dynasty; reduced power of wealthy land owners and gave more power to low-ranking people; enforced a beard tax; made heavy taxes for his army; westernized Russia → What did Newton discover?
Louis XIV → Who cancelled the Edict of Nantes?