5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Secondary pervention
- mast cell stimulating meds
- a therapy using radioactive sources that are placed inside the body
- b Regular screening, altering damaged genes, Genetic screening. detect and treat.
- c Occurs most often in patients with bone metastasis
ManifestationsL fatigue, decreased appetite, N/V, altered elimination as well as fluid and electrolyte imbalance
Coll. Care: Hydration therapy, Drugs, Dialysis
- d inhibit release of histamine
- e Location and degree of metastisis
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Immune-Complex Reactions Humoral (Auto immune)
Involves antigen-antibody complexes.
IgM and IgG involved.
Mediators:Nurtophils, complement lysis
May involve localized or systemic inflammatory response, may be accute or chronic
Treatment:Target the cause of the manifestations
- Patient experiencing allergic reaction experiances highest levels of what type of immunoglobulin?
- A response to tissue injury and invasion of organisms
- spread of cancer cells beyond their original site in the body
- decreased immunity & blood producing functions, altered GI structure and function, motor and sensory deficits, decreased respiratory function
5 True/False Questions
Superior Vena Cava Syndrome
(collaborative care) → Prevention, Hydration, Drug therapy. cell destruction quickly into blood stream.
Natural Active Immunity → the body produces its own antibodies; long lasting immunity. Ex. from infection
Tumor Lysis Syndrome
(Collaborative Care) → S/S: edema, stokes sign, dyspnea, erythema, epistaxis (nose bleed) High-dose radiation therapy, Metal stent in vena cava
IgM → Patient experiencing blood transfusion reaction experiances highest levels of what type of immunoglobulin?
Spinal Cord Compression → An oncologic emergency that is caused by a tumor pressing on the spinal cord, can cause various problems, including permanent paralysis if not treated properly. Caused by cancers of the lung, breast & prostate, which carry the greatest risk of metastasizing to the spinal cord.