← Bio 106 Exam 1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- medicinal drugs
- predictive powers
- conjugation bridge
- a Fundamental unit of diversity.
- b One of the three earthly domains: Multi-celled, populated by eukaryotes.
- c This structure allows transmittance of genetic material between two bacteria; passing genes horizontally.
- d One oft he benefits of classifications; the strength of a conclusion that can be drawn by knowing the nature of the group to which a new species belongs.
- e One of the anthropocentric aspects of bacteria: Antibiotics.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Prokaryotic cells house extra DNA in these sites, often the site of antibiotic resistance genes.
- One of the vital roles members of Archae and Eubacteria play in their environment. The synthesis of organic compounds from carbon dioxide. All autotrophic bacteria perform this function.
- One of the three earthly domains: Single-celled, populated by bacteria.
- How humans use bacteria.
- How many named species are there on earth?
5 True/False Questions
nutrient cycles → Includes nitrogen fixation and decomposition; one of the vital roles members of Archae and Eubacteria play in their environments.
prokaryote → Type of cell found in the Domains Archae and Eubacteria.
prokaryotic cell → Type of cell found in the Domains Archae and Eubacteria.
Eubacteria → One of the three earthly domains: Multi-celled, populated by eukaryotes.
binomial → One of the three components of systematics: Characterizing evolutionary relationships between groups of similar "types."