5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Copper engraving
- a Taking Christ from the cross
- b (Fresh) Wall painting, in which paint is applied to wet plaster, and blends with it as it dries.
- c The earliest type of gravure. The drawing is engraved on a copper plate, paint is rubbed into the scratches and transfered to paper under mechanical proccess
- d (Plassed opposite) Way of representing standing full-length figuers in equilibrium, with a 'free leg' and a 'standing leg' Developed in classical Greek sculpture. A more relaxed form of standing.
- e The sign (either an object or a particular action) used to characterise or identify a figure, e.g. a pot of salve for Mary Magdalen.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- (Christianity) the announcement to the Virgin Mary by the angel Gabriel of the incarnation of Christ
- Representation of grieving Mary with the body of christ. Northern: Across Lap. Southern: Held up right.
- Jesus's death by being hung on a wooden cross
- Meaning of the form and content of picture-signs. Also a term for the academic discipline devoted to the the investigation and classification of picture content.
- A color directly opposite another on a color wheel and providing the greatest chromatic contrast to it.
5 True/False Questions
Composition → The action of putting things together; formation or construction. ex. Diagonal/radial. The different physical traits. Color and form, symmetry/asymmetry, movement ect.
Oil Painting → The three divine personai in the Christian religions: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
aderation → expression of grief or sorrow for christ.
Secondary Color → a color, as orange, green, or violet, produced by mixing two primary colors.
Linear Perspective → expression of grief or sorrow for christ.