5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Complementary color
- Linear Perspective
- a the appearance of things relative to one another as determined by their distance from the viewer.Parallel lines running into the depth of the painting connect at the vanishing point.
- b The action of putting things together; formation or construction. ex. Diagonal/radial. The different physical traits. Color and form, symmetry/asymmetry, movement ect.
- c Meaning of the form and content of picture-signs. Also a term for the academic discipline devoted to the the investigation and classification of picture content.
- d The three divine personai in the Christian religions: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- e A color directly opposite another on a color wheel and providing the greatest chromatic contrast to it.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- (Light-dark) Technique used since the 16th century, in which colour is less important that a stong contrast of light and dark.
- Taking Christ from the cross
- Representation of grieving Mary with the body of christ. Northern: Across Lap. Southern: Held up right.
- Jesus's death by being hung on a wooden cross
- a color, as orange, green, or violet, produced by mixing two primary colors.
5 True/False Questions
Copper engraving → The earliest type of gravure. The drawing is engraved on a copper plate, paint is rubbed into the scratches and transfered to paper under mechanical proccess
Fresco → Representation of grieving Mary with the body of christ. Northern: Across Lap. Southern: Held up right.
Annunciation → expression of grief or sorrow for christ.
lamentation → expression of grief or sorrow for christ.
aderation → expression of grief or sorrow for christ.