5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Adipose tissue
- Elastic Fibers
- Connective Tissue Proper, cartilage, bone, and blood
- a consists of a hard matrix of calcium salts; the calcium salt makes it hard.
- b appear as blue-black strands randomly arranged in the matrix.
- c Four general categories of connective tissue
- d cartilage cells located within round-ovoid spaces called lacunae.
- e contains ___cells that are closely packed; cells appear empty because fat was removed during tissue preparation. Cytoplasm and nucleus located at periphery of cell.
5 Multiple choice questions
- characterized by fibers that are irregularly arranged in the matrix; two types of fibers are present: collagen and elastic.
- characterized by fibers that have light and dark striping or cross-striations. Each fiber is multinucleated; nuclei are located of priphery of each fiber.
- contains collagen fibers, chondrocytes, and elastic fiber that are found between lacunae.
- numerous erythrocytes and few leukocytes present in matrix; some platelets scattered around.
- composed of collagen and chondrocytes
5 True/False questions
Muscle → three types of this kind of tissue; composed of muscle fibers.
Collagen fibers → appear as blue-black strands randomly arranged in the matrix.
Bone → Lacunae, which hold the osteocyte (bone cells), are arranged in concentric rings around the central Haversian canal.
Cartilage → connective tissue with semisolid matrix; within matrix are fibers and chondrocytes.
Simple squamous epithelium → characterized by flattened, irregulary shaped cells that form a continuous sheet.