5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- Collagen fibers
- Elastic Fibers
- a consists of a hard matrix of calcium salts; the calcium salt makes it hard.
- b composed of a fluid matrix.
- c appear as blue-black strands randomly arranged in the matrix.
- d appear pink.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- cannot be distinguished because cytoplasm is unstained in tissue prep; however, nuclei are visible as dots.
- cartilage cells located within round-ovoid spaces called lacunae.
- characterized by a fluid, semisolid, or solid matrix in which cells and fibers are embedded; four general catergories.
- has only one layer of cells
- contains collagen fibers, chondrocytes, and elastic fiber that are found between lacunae.
5 True/False Questions
Four types of tissues found in animals → simple or stratified
Epithelial tissue classified as → simple or stratified
Dense Regular connective tissue → characterized by a fluid, semisolid, or solid matrix in which cells and fibers are embedded; four general catergories.
Loose connective (areolar) tissue → characterized by fibers that are irregularly arranged in the matrix; two types of fibers are present: collagen and elastic.
Simple columnar epithelium → characterized by cube-shaped cells with a nucleus that is usually round and centrally located.