5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Adipose tissue
- Collagen fibers
- Connective Tissue
- Simple Epithelial tissue
- a contains ___cells that are closely packed; cells appear empty because fat was removed during tissue preparation. Cytoplasm and nucleus located at periphery of cell.
- b appear pink.
- c has only one layer of cells
- d characterized by a fluid, semisolid, or solid matrix in which cells and fibers are embedded; four general catergories.
- e cartilage cells located within round-ovoid spaces called lacunae.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- cannot be distinguished because cytoplasm is unstained in tissue prep; however, nuclei are visible as dots.
- composed of collagen and chondrocytes
- contains collagen fibers, chondrocytes, and elastic fiber that are found between lacunae.
- composed of neurons and neuroglia (neuroglial cells)
- characterized by central (Haversian) canal.
5 True/False Questions
Cartilage → three types of this kind of tissue; composed of muscle fibers.
Simple columnar epithelium → characterized by cube-shaped cells with a nucleus that is usually round and centrally located.
Neurons → consist of a cell body, dendrites, and an axon. Several Cytoplasmic processes radiate from the cell body, which holds the nucleus.
Simple cuboidal epithelium → characterized by cube-shaped cells with a nucleus that is usually round and centrally located.
Connective tissue proper → loose connective tissue, dense regular connective tissue and adipose tissue comprise this.