5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- Cardiac muscle fibers
- Adipose tissue
- Elastic Cartilage
- a consists of a hard matrix of calcium salts; the calcium salt makes it hard.
- b contains collagen fibers, chondrocytes, and elastic fiber that are found between lacunae.
- c contains ___cells that are closely packed; cells appear empty because fat was removed during tissue preparation. Cytoplasm and nucleus located at periphery of cell.
- d have cross-striations and are branched; adjacent fibers are separated by dark-staining structures called intercalated disks; single nucleus in each cardiac muscle fiber.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- has several cells layers
- has only one layer of cells
- three types of this kind of tissue; composed of muscle fibers.
- characterized by flattened, irregulary shaped cells that form a continuous sheet.
- simple or stratified
5 True/False Questions
Connective Tissue → loose connective tissue, dense regular connective tissue and adipose tissue comprise this.
Blood → numerous erythrocytes and few leukocytes present in matrix; some platelets scattered around.
Hyaline Cartilage → composed of collagen and chondrocytes
Smooth muscle fibers → have no cross-striations; single elongated or ovoid nucleus is present in each fiber.
Connective Tissue Proper, cartilage, bone, and blood → loose connective tissue, dense regular connective tissue and adipose tissue comprise this.