5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Connective tissue proper
- Collagen fibers
- a three types of this kind of tissue; composed of muscle fibers.
- b Lacunae, which hold the osteocyte (bone cells), are arranged in concentric rings around the central Haversian canal.
- c composed of a fluid matrix.
- d appear pink.
- e loose connective tissue, dense regular connective tissue and adipose tissue comprise this.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- composed of neurons and neuroglia (neuroglial cells)
- contains collagen fibers, chondrocytes, and elastic fiber that are found between lacunae.
- simple or stratified
- consist of a cell body, dendrites, and an axon. Several Cytoplasmic processes radiate from the cell body, which holds the nucleus.
- contains ___cells that are closely packed; cells appear empty because fat was removed during tissue preparation. Cytoplasm and nucleus located at periphery of cell.
5 True/False Questions
Skeletal muscle fibers → have no cross-striations; single elongated or ovoid nucleus is present in each fiber.
Cartilage → connective tissue with semisolid matrix; within matrix are fibers and chondrocytes.
Stratified Epithelial tissue → has several cells layers
Cardiac muscle fibers → have cross-striations and are branched; adjacent fibers are separated by dark-staining structures called intercalated disks; single nucleus in each cardiac muscle fiber.
Simple columnar epithelium → characterized by cube-shaped cells with a nucleus that is usually round and centrally located.