5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Depressant Drugs
- Non-Therapeutic Effect
- a Schedule 2, highly addictive, very abuse
Medical uses: Topical numbing agent
- b "Date Rape". Schedule 1.
Medical uses: Sleep aids in foreign countries
Samantha Reid Date Rape Drug Act made these illegal in the U.S.
- c Can be used medically to treat pain but can be very addictive.
- d Alcohol, Rohypnol/GHB
- e Unintended effects, bad
5 Multiple choice questions
- A chemical that is released by the axon to create a change
- Causes body to be deprived of oxygen and death of brain cells (permanent damage).
- Synthetic form of male testosterone. Improves physical performance, enlarge muscles, and increase strength.
- Intended Effects, good
- The tendency of a person to fall asleep at random times
5 True/False questions
Reuptake Pump → Picks up the neurotransmitter on the dendrite
Uptake Receptor → Picks up the neurotransmitter on the dendrite
Expose body to toxic chemicals → Methamphetamines, Inhalants
Adrenaline → A neurotransmitter that initiates the Flight, Flight, or Freeze response
Hallucinogen → Change the mind, causes user to see and hear things that aren't really there.