5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Common Features of life
- Lysosomes (Eukaryotic cells)
- Atomic Mass=...=...
- a hydrolytic enzymes are manufactured by the ER sent to the Golgi for finishing and repackaging in sacs called _________, ___________ merge with food vacuoles to digest food or destroy invading organisms -Abnormal __________ can cause diseases include Tay-Sachs - inability to break down lipids resulting in damage to nerves and brain
- b determine chemical properties of atoms = how it will react (bond) with other atoms
- c reads the genes and helps make proteins
- d =Mass number=protons+ neutrons
- e Order, regulation, growth & development, energy processing, response to the environment, reproduction, evolutionary adaptation
5 Multiple choice questions
- lack a membrane enclosed nucleus
Nucleoid region, Ribosomes, Plasma membrane, Cell wall, Capsule, Pili, Flagella
- two types, DNA and RNA. DNA forms our genes, RNA reads the genes and helps make proteins, __________ _____ are composed of joined monomers called nucleotides. These nucleotides are composed of a sugar - deoxyribose (DNA) or ribose (RNA), a nitrogenous base (adenine, thymine, cytosine, guanine, or uracil), and a phosphate group
- some molecules have charged areas - this makes them polar. Polar areas of molecules can bond with polar areas of other molecules to form weak bonds called hydrogen bonds, hydrogen bonds make water cohesive
- Primary structure = sequence of amino acids
Secondary structure = coiling to form an alpha helix or folding to form a pleated sheet - hydrogen bonding may be involved
Tertiary structure - Overall, 3 - D shape, usually described as fibrous or globular
Quaternary structure - many proteins have multiple peptide chains or subunits - how these fit together is called quaternary structure
- larger vesicles, membranous sacs that help in digestion, storage, or water removal
5 True/False questions
Carbon skeleton → chain of carbon atoms in an organic molecule
fat → = glycerol + fatty acid.
are another source of energy but some may contribute to heart disease. Most plant __ are unsaturated oils and most animal __ are saturated.
Mitochondria (Eukaryotic cells) → found in plants and animals, chemical energy in food such as sugars is converted to an energy source useable in cells called ATP, ___________ have a membrane, an intermembrane space and matrix. Reactions take place in the matrix
Hydrocarbons= → molecules of carbon + hydrogen
Isotopes → Protons, Neutrons, electrons (subatomic particles).