5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Atomic Number=
- functional groups
- Prokaryotic Cells
- Ionic bonds
- a some atoms lose or gain electrons to form ions. attraction between ions of opposite charge form ionic bonds
- b ibers that run through the cell providing support, movement, anchorage and movement of organelles, 3 types - microfilaments, intermediate filaments, microtubules - the microtubule organizing center is called the centriole
- c are parts of a molecule that participate in a chemical reaction
- d number of protons
- e lack a membrane enclosed nucleus
Nucleoid region, Ribosomes, Plasma membrane, Cell wall, Capsule, Pili, Flagella
5 Multiple choice questions
- houses chromosomes (DNA + chromatin - protein), and nucleolus - site of ribosome parts assembly, in an membrane = nuclear envelope
- a biosynthetic factory, two forms, smooth and rough - Rough - studded with ribosomes, small RNA structures where proteins are manufactured, Smooth - lack ribosomes, wall contains enzymes that make phospholipids, steroids, fatty acids, detoxify poisons, and store minerals used for muscle contraction -________ packages products in tiny sacs called transport vesicles that bud-off
- small nitrogen containing molecules, amino acids, are joined to form dipeptides which are joined to form polypeptides which may be joined to other polypeptides to from proteins. Proteins have unique 3 dimensional shapes or configurations that enable them to function as enzymes to catalyze reactions and function in other active ways.
- reads the genes and helps make proteins
- Combine to form compounds. Are formed of atoms.
5 True/False questions
nucleic acids → two types, DNA and RNA. DNA forms our genes, RNA reads the genes and helps make proteins, __________ _____ are composed of joined monomers called nucleotides. These nucleotides are composed of a sugar - deoxyribose (DNA) or ribose (RNA), a nitrogenous base (adenine, thymine, cytosine, guanine, or uracil), and a phosphate group
Common Features of life → Order, regulation, growth & development, energy processing, response to the environment, reproduction, evolutionary adaptation
Ribosomes (Eukaryotic cells) → hydrolytic enzymes are manufactured by the ER sent to the Golgi for finishing and repackaging in sacs called _________, ___________ merge with food vacuoles to digest food or destroy invading organisms -Abnormal __________ can cause diseases include Tay-Sachs - inability to break down lipids resulting in damage to nerves and brain
Endomembrane system (Eukaryotic cells) → a system of interconnected membranes that run throughout the cell for synthesis, storage, and transport of products
Isotopes → elements with the same atomic number, different mass numbers.