5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Eukaryotic Cells
- Vacuoles (Eukaryotic cells)
- Covalent bonds
- nucleic acids
- a two types, DNA and RNA. DNA forms our genes, RNA reads the genes and helps make proteins, __________ _____ are composed of joined monomers called nucleotides. These nucleotides are composed of a sugar - deoxyribose (DNA) or ribose (RNA), a nitrogenous base (adenine, thymine, cytosine, guanine, or uracil), and a phosphate group
- b strong bonds where atoms share electrons - two or more atoms held together by a covalent bond are called a molecule
- c = glycerol + fatty acid.
are another source of energy but some may contribute to heart disease. Most plant __ are unsaturated oils and most animal __ are saturated.
- d larger vesicles, membranous sacs that help in digestion, storage, or water removal
- e have a membrane that surrounds nuclear material
Components: Nucleus, Cytoplasm, Organelles, hydrophilic heads, hydrophobic tails,
5 Multiple choice questions
- determine chemical properties of atoms = how it will react (bond) with other atoms
- Combine to form compounds. Are formed of atoms.
- ibers that run through the cell providing support, movement, anchorage and movement of organelles, 3 types - microfilaments, intermediate filaments, microtubules - the microtubule organizing center is called the centriole
- elements with the same atomic number, different mass numbers.
- single sugar units such as glucose (= a monosaccharide) are joined to form disaccharides such as maltose which can be joined to other sugars to form polysaccharides such as starch (plants) or glycogen (animals), cellulose is a large polysaccharide made by plants that is not easily broken down, chitin is a polysaccharide used by insects to build their exoskeleton - ________ are important sources of energy, and for building structures in plants and animals
5 True/False questions
hydrogen bonds → molecules of carbon + hydrogen
Golgi Apparatus (Eukaryotic cells) → receives packages such as transport vesicles on one side, modifies products, then repackages in new transport vesicles for other sites
Endomembrane system (Eukaryotic cells) → a biosynthetic factory, two forms, smooth and rough - Rough - studded with ribosomes, small RNA structures where proteins are manufactured, Smooth - lack ribosomes, wall contains enzymes that make phospholipids, steroids, fatty acids, detoxify poisons, and store minerals used for muscle contraction -________ packages products in tiny sacs called transport vesicles that bud-off
Hydrocarbons= → some molecules have charged areas - this makes them polar. Polar areas of molecules can bond with polar areas of other molecules to form weak bonds called hydrogen bonds, hydrogen bonds make water cohesive
Ionic bonds → some molecules have charged areas - this makes them polar. Polar areas of molecules can bond with polar areas of other molecules to form weak bonds called hydrogen bonds, hydrogen bonds make water cohesive