5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Napoleon Bonaparte
- Napoleon in Russia
- Napoleonic Code
- a in the French Revolution, a radical group made up of Parisian wage-earners, and small shopkeepers who wanted a greater voice in government, lower prices, and an end of food shortages
- b code of laws that embodied Enlightenment principles and equality for men. Women lost rights with this code.
- c Napoleon entered Russia with many troops but the Russians retreated and burned villages, leaving the French hungry and without shelter-many French died
- d Austrian foreign minister who basically controlled the Congress of Vienna. Wanted to promote peace, conservatism, and the repression of libaral nationalism throughout Europe.
- e popular military hero who crowned himself emperor. He won many victories against the Austrians in Italy and made a new law code
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the right to vote
- shrewd lawyer and politician who rose to the leadership of the Committee of Public Safety, promoted religious toleration and wanted to abolish slavery-popular with the sans-culottes
- a strong feeling of pride and devotion to one's country
- Queen that spent extravagantly, leading to public unrest
- Heir of Louis XIV-indecisive, bad ruler, big spender.
5 True/False Questions
Congress of Vienna → After Waterloo, the heads of the state met to restore stability in Europe-balance of power was established and protection for the monarchy
Jacobins → middle class lawyers and intellectuals
Bastille → grim medieval fortress used as a prison for political prisoners-stormed in 1789
Reign of Terror → powers met periodically to discuss problems affecting the peace of Europe
3 Estates → Social classes in France-1:clergy 2:nobles 3: commoners