5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Guerilla Warfare
- Napoleon in Russia
- Tennis Court Oath
- a nobles and clergy that fled France during the revolution
- b hit-and-run raids used by Spanish patriots against the French
- c Napoleon entered Russia with many troops but the Russians retreated and burned villages, leaving the French hungry and without shelter-many French died
- d Austrian foreign minister who basically controlled the Congress of Vienna. Wanted to promote peace, conservatism, and the repression of libaral nationalism throughout Europe.
- e The delegates of the National Assembly met and decided that they would never separate until a constitution was established
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- powers met periodically to discuss problems affecting the peace of Europe
- code of laws that embodied Enlightenment principles and equality for men. Women lost rights with this code.
- shrewd lawyer and politician who rose to the leadership of the Committee of Public Safety, promoted religious toleration and wanted to abolish slavery-popular with the sans-culottes
- popular military hero who crowned himself emperor. He won many victories against the Austrians in Italy and made a new law code
- Queen that spent extravagantly, leading to public unrest
5 True/False Questions
Tricolor → a flag having three colored stripes (especially the French flag)
Reign of Terror → A time in France were 300,000 were executed under the hands of Robespierre for going against the government
Bastille → expelled from home or country by authority-Napoleon sent to Elba
Louis XVI → Heir of Louis XIV-indecisive, bad ruler, big spender.
Sans-Culottes → middle class lawyers and intellectuals