5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- realistic fiction
- a An author's use of hints or clues to suggest events that will occur later in the story
- b the character who represents evil in a literary work
- c a story using made-up characters that could happen in real life
- d The reasons that cause characters to act as they do
- e Message or statement about life in the story
5 Multiple choice questions
- Fictional story that combines elements of fantasy and scientific facts. Often set in the future.
- something that stands for or represents something else
- feeling of growing uncertainty about the outcome of events (what will "happen next") in a story or play
- a short tale to teach a moral lesson, often with animals or inanimate objects as characters
- the ability to see or show the funny side of things
5 True/False questions
omniscient → the problem or problems characters face in a literary work
setting → the writer's attitude toward his or her audience and subject
historical fiction → A fictional story that takes place in a particular time period in the past. Often the setting is real, but the characters are made up from the author's imagination.
moral → the feeling created in a reader by a literary work or passage
flashback → interruption in the present action of a plot to show events that happened at an earlier time.