5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- falling action
- a when the opposite of what is expected happens
- b events after the climax, leading to the resolution
- c writing that tells a story
- d the character who represents evil in a literary work
- e interruption in the present action of a plot to show events that happened at an earlier time.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Fictional story that combines elements of fantasy and scientific facts. Often set in the future.
- The reasons that cause characters to act as they do
- the feeling created in a reader by a literary work or passage
- A story including elements that are impossible such as talking animals or magical powers. Make-believe is what this genre is all about.
- the writer's attitude toward his or her audience and subject
5 True/False Questions
fable → a short tale to teach a moral lesson, often with animals or inanimate objects as characters
resolution → background information presented in a literary work
moral → a lesson taught by a literary work
conflict → the problem or problems characters face in a literary work
character → the person telling the story. Can be in 1st , 2nd, or 3rd Person