5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- why did the southerners refer to their cotton as king cotton?
- why did war between britain and france put the united states in an awkward position?
- what are the two groups that make up congress?
- what is a nativist?
- with regards to the supreme court, what is the president's power?
- a france was an ally and britain was an important trading partner
- b the senate and house of representatives
- c to appoint the supreme court
- d cotton was a main export to the world
- e a person born in a counrty who wants to eliminate foreign influence
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- "we the people of the united states..."
- american born white soldiers
- fourteenth amendment
- income tax
5 True/False Questions
how did jefferson tell lewis and clark to treat the native americans they may come across? → treat them peacefully and with kindness
what is popular sovereignty? → it is a government in which people vote
which amendment give you the right to an impartial jury? → sixth amendment
what technological advance made the civil war more deadly than earlier american wars? → they were boats that had iron around for it to be more sturdy (the first fight with ironclads ended in a draw)
what is person who leaves his or her country to live in another country called? → it provided a way for the constitution to be amended