5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- why did war between britain and france put the united states in an awkward position?
- who fought for laws giving married women the right to own their own property?
- what is an immigrant?
- why wasthe thireenth amendment necessary?
- what is sectionalism?
- a a person who comes ro a different counrty to settle
- b susan b. anthony
- c france was an ally and britain was an important trading partner
- d because the emancipation proclamation only freed few slaves
- e it is the placing of interst in one's own region instead of the interests of a nation as a whole
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- mr. president
- john adams
- it would be short. the south hoped the north would accept secession, and people in border states did not want to fight for the north
- radical republicans lost control of congress
- missouri, kentucky, west virginia, and maryland
5 True/False Questions
what is the most important duty of the president? → it states the purpose of the constitution
what is a scalawag? → a poor white farmer who became a republican because he was upset over the war
what determines the number of representatives a state has in the house of representatives? → the population of the state
why did lincoln free the slaves in the south? → it formend a whole new nation and stop all ties with america
what was the american system? → it included a plan for a national bank so that currency could be used in all states. it improved transportation to make travel easier