5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Why is it important to assess weight gain in a preg. woman?
- Where can the fundus be felt @ 16 weeks?
- What can a high fundus (for GA) mean?
- Why is it important to assess blood pressure in a preg. woman?
- How often should a mother go to prenatal visits?
- a Btwn symphysis pubis and umbilicus
- b Multiple pregnancies, hydramnios (excess amniotic fluid, r/t some anamolies), error in calculating EDC (more preg. than thought), Tumor, Hydatiform mole (fertilized ovum becomes a tumor), abruptio placentae (separation of the placenta).
- c Once a month for the first 32 weeks. Every 2 weeks until 36 weeks. Every week during last month.
- d Used to assess fetal development, maternal nutritional status, and maternal health.
- e It is constantly measured to assess risk of developing Pregnancy Induced Hypertension (PIH). New is compared to old readings. BP decreases during 2nd trimester (progesterone)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Rate= 110-160. Heard with doppler ~ 12 wks, fetascope ~20 wks.
- Used to determine position of the baby by squeezing/palpating the fundus, birth canal, and sides of the uterus. Can be used to determine breeched fetus.
- symphysis pubis
- Urine, Serology for syphilis (VDRL), Hbg and Hct, blood type and Rh, antibody screening, rubella titer, Pap smear, gonorrhea, chlamydia, herpes (varies btwn places, pts), HIV
- Placental insufficiency, Intrauterine Growth Retardation (IUGR), intrauterine death, fetal abnormality, decreased amniotic fluid, errors calculating the EDC (less preg than thought).
5 True/False Questions
Where can the fundus be felt 38 weeks? → 2 fingers width below xiphoid process
Where can the fundus be felt @ 40 weeks? → symphysis pubis
Where can the fundus be felt @ 20/24 weeks? → Umbilicus
Why is urine checked at each prenatal visit? → Looks for albuminurea, r/t ↑ glomerular permeability r/t PIH (PIH causes protein spillage into urine). Also checks for sugar (constant glucosuria may indicate gestational diabetes)
Where can the fundus be felt @ 36 weeks? → Btwn symphysis pubis and umbilicus